Have you ever lost your LOL cursor?

Yes!! 151 64.81%
No, never. 82 35.19%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

HUD Improvement: Targeting Cursors

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustinBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

Dear Riot,
There is an area of frustration, especially for the less blessed sight-wise, than can be resolved and improve both casual and professional play in League of Legends. That is the in-game cursors. Many times myself and other players have found themselves in battle not certain of the location of their targeting cursor and desperately trying to find it for a few moments and not usually found by sight but by pressing a skill that makes it change. The current hands, swords and reticles used for targeting are too static and often times match the backgrounds so well they are hard to spot. A great improvement and less frustration can be had by all if these were changed to be flashing/pulsing/glowing/moving in some manner or at the very least made to be more constrasting e.g: less artsy and bright color on dark outlines/shadow or dark color on bright outlines/glow. Please change the shaded dark brown hand with dark outline on dark Twisted Treeline / Summoner's Rift (especially summer) >_<. Especially if more players have also had this issue. Anyone else besides me and my friends ever lost their cursor?

Everspace

08-14-2010

Uhhh no, I would though be all for a lower PPI cursor set that is toggle-able from the options menu.

JustinBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everspace View Post
Uhhh no, I would though be all for a lower PPI cursor set that is toggle-able from the options menu.
Ever, I don't want to cursor to be bigger or less sensitive (CERTAINLY NOT!), just more visible in the way that the eye normally identifies things: by contrast and change (movement/pulsing glowing etc).

Yobber

08-17-2010

I don't really even have to look to know where my cursor is...it's muscle memory at this point?

Rayven

UX Designer

08-17-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I lose mine sometimes.

I've been thinking about an option to turn on some sort of cursor overlay. Wouldn't replace your cursor, but it would make it much more visible without obscuring game play.

Kades

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
I lose mine sometimes.

I've been thinking about an option to turn on some sort of cursor overlay. Wouldn't replace your cursor, but it would make it much more visible without obscuring game play.

I like that a lot.

P S Y

Master Recruiter

08-17-2010

Please I want a big giant one. Allow us to scale it maybe?

Pyrolistical

08-17-2010

just put a thick white boarder around it

Cowsep

08-18-2010

2000 games and I never lost it. You guys are crazy.

JustinBlade

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
I lose mine sometimes.

I second that! Sounds like a perfect compromise! Especially if the overlay has some sort of steady pulse/movement to it.