Do you approve of these changes?

Yes 10 76.92%
No 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

@Morello Possible Renekton Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

05-25-2012

The three biggest complaints regarding Renekton:
1. Stun Animation on his W
2. His Passive is somewhat non-existent
3. His Ultimate in general

My proposed changes: (Old and New only address aspects being changed. All untouched details will remain on their respective skills)

Reign of Anger (Passive):
Old - When Renekton is below 50% health he generates 50% more fury from all sources
New - For every 1% of health missing Renekton gains 1% more fury from all sources

Renekton is all about 2 things: Keeping his cooldowns up and managing his Enraged abilities. Early game he doesn't have much trouble with this, but late game this becomes a struggle. This causes him to somewhat fall off harder than most other champions in the late game, even if fed due to how useless and avoidable he can be in team fights. This change makes him better in team fights and allows the purpose of his passive to be apparent at all times rather than half the time. This will cause him to be better in team fights and hopefully not fall off as hard.

Ruthless Predator (W):
Old - Stun lasts .75 seconds normally, and 1.5 seconds with 50+ fury. The animation is .5 seconds long.
New - Stun animation is now .25 seconds long.

Not accounting for tenacity, this change would allow Renekton .5 seconds of attacking normally when the enemy is stunned and a full 1.25 seconds when he uses the stun with 50+ fury. The old .5 second animation self rooting himself, when accounting for tenacity, didnt really give him time to combo which is ironic considering he is a huge combo based burst AD champion. This would also allow him to harass much safer, which is always nice for team fights and 1v1s.

Dominus (Ultimate):
Old:
- Magic damage per second scales with .1 per Ability Power
- Maximum magic damage scales with 1.5 per Ability Power
- Generates 5 fury per second for 15 seconds
New:
- Magic damage per second scales with .1 per Attack Damage
- Maximum magic damage scales with 1.5 per Attack Damage
- Generates 10 fury per second for 15 seconds
- On activation instantly gains 50/75/100 fury
- Renekton's Fury Empowered abilities deal 5/10/20% more damage during the duration.

The changes are a mixture of Shyvana's, Riven's and Tryndamere's ultimates. His ult now scales with AD, because Renekton has absolutely no reason to ever build AP and there are plenty of champions that have magic damage dealing abilities that scale with AD (Shyvana, Riven, Darius to name a few). His fury generation per second is doubled to 150 after 15 seconds rather than 75, so he can do a minimum of 3 empowered fury attacks rather than 1.5. He instantly gains Fury, like Tryndamere's ult, so it truely enhances him in more ways than just bulkiness. Lastly, directly inspired by Riven, all of his Fury Empowered abilities deal more damage during the duration of his ultimate. This will give him a true team fighting presence and allow him to survive encounters he normally wouldn't in lanes. Just think of a Riven without her abilities dealing more damage during her Ultimate.

Now, I am in no way trying to make Renekton OP. I think he is actually pretty UP in the overall game. These changes wont prevent him from totally falling off, but it will make his Team Fighting powers much more noticeable and will allow him to support his team and himself much better in the overall game.

Yuan Shikai

05-25-2012

Wow, considering that renekton is regularly played in high Elo play and Morello recently said that he does not really require any substantial buffs (with which I agree), your suggestion is really kinda overboard. I agree with only the stun-change.

CragBlade

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Wow, considering that renekton is regularly played in high Elo play and Morello recently said that he does not really require any substantial buffs (with which I agree), your suggestion is really kinda overboard. I agree with only the stun-change.
So you are completely fine with leaving him with a passive that is non-existent for over half the game and an ultimate that is somewhat lackluster and doesn't stop him from dropping off? Whether or not he is used in high elo play doesnt matter, he still has issues that need to be fixed. Hell, Ive seen Xin Zhao, Karma, Twitch and Evelynn used effectively in High elo play. Doesnt mean they dont need fixed in some way.

I might be pushing it with his ultimate, but his passive and stun changes are in no way substantial.

Oh and be sure to check every Morello post before you go and quote him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.

Semiwestern

05-25-2012

these changes are very good imo, although i think the ult would be op if it was that strong.

HERE: THESE CHANGES ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE

1. Passive: Renekton gains 5/10/15 fury per attack as he levels up

2. W i totally agree get rid of the animation

3. Ultimate: Make scale with AD .1, give 100 fury automatically upon activation, and have no increased fury gain

solidfake

05-25-2012

these changes are too strong in general, they would not only buff his lategame, but also his early and midgame by too much, he would become a beast

still the ideas are extendable and balancable, so I added it to the official Renekton thread at the official forums

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

All Renekton need is Infinite fury for the duration of Dominus