Change Darius ult to deal physical damage.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

combator

Senior Member

05-24-2012

eve want some attention


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dolphin PhD

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPuffs View Post
I love how so many people fail to site his ultra short range.


But then again the average player is more than happy to let master yi walk right up to them and chop their legs off at the knee.
But it is longer then Garen's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackLaptop0

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeburn View Post
Old Darius -
"Hey Darius, you going to build some armor pen to up your damage?"

"Lol, maybe like as a fifth item.. maybe."

New Darius -
"Hey Darius, you going to build some armor pen to up your damage?"

"Will I ever! Have you seen the synergy my passive ArP has with Last Whisper!? And it will help me get kills with my ult so I can refresh the CD more often! This is so fun!"
High amounts of passive ArP don't synergize with Last Whisper... They make Last Whisper less relevant. If you make his ult scale off of AD, he will be useless top lane. True damage is what lets him build the durability his kit lacks while still being relevant with his AoE and positioning capabilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyeburn

Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPuffs View Post
I love how so many people fail to site his ultra short range.


But then again the average player is more than happy to let master yi walk right up to them and chop their legs off at the knee.
For a melee champ, he doesn't have ultra short range at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CandyPuffs

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawsnic View Post
But it is longer then Garen's.
And riot admits that Garen is bad and needs work. Its in the why should I pick garen over darius thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Amumu Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-24-2012

What people aren't looking at: Darius isn't mobile at all. To actually do the maximum amount of damage to someone with his ult he has to stick on them, something that's difficult with no mobility and no hard CC.

This champion is made for doing damage, so yeah he does a lot of it. The drawback being that he has to snowball to remain useful to his team, and it's hard to snowball with a champion that has no escapes and no inert sustain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seyunx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
We made Darius's ult true damage for a two primary reasons:
First, we wanted the Darius player to have some certainty over whether his ultimate would land a killing blow. Physical damage mitigation varies widely across champions and builds. It was extremely "mathy" to have to calculate what health was needed to score a kill.

Second, we wanted to make sure Darius's ult did not kill squishy ranged ADs and mages from full with low bleed stacks. When the ult was physical, the damage had to be so high to make it feel good against, say Renekton, that it was abusive versus Caitlyn. Notice that in the example you gave, Darius's lvl 3 Noxian Guillotine at max stacks with 60 bonus AD would be doing something like 300 physical damage to a lvl 18 Renekton with a Randuins and an Aegis.
I don't know if it has been posted, but what about making the CD 5 seconds when killing an enemy with R, and change the AD scaling damage to physical or magical?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyeburn

Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLaptop0 View Post
High amounts of passive ArP don't synergize with Last Whisper... They make Last Whisper less relevant. If you make his ult scale off of AD, he will be useless top lane. True damage is what lets him build the durability his kit lacks while still being relevant with his AoE and positioning capabilities.
No. No they do not.

You have to realize that the only three sources of % based ArP in the game are the 10% mastery, the 40% on LW, and the 25% on Darius' E.

Darius is capable of the highest % based ArP in the game at 60%. That's a lot of bacon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talamare

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
We made Darius's ult true damage for a two primary reasons:
First, we wanted the Darius player to have some certainty over whether his ultimate would land a killing blow. Physical damage mitigation varies widely across champions and builds. It was extremely "mathy" to have to calculate what health was needed to score a kill.

Second, we wanted to make sure Darius's ult did not kill squishy ranged ADs and mages from full with low bleed stacks. When the ult was physical, the damage had to be so high to make it feel good against, say Renekton, that it was abusive versus Caitlyn. Notice that in the example you gave, Darius's lvl 3 Noxian Guillotine at max stacks with 60 bonus AD would be doing something like 300 physical damage to a lvl 18 Renekton with a Randuins and an Aegis.
Actually because of Armor Penetration it would be closer to 500-600


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yenn

Senior Member

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
We made Darius's ult true damage for a two primary reasons:
First, we wanted the Darius player to have some certainty over whether his ultimate would land a killing blow. Physical damage mitigation varies widely across champions and builds. It was extremely "mathy" to have to calculate what health was needed to score a kill.

Second, we wanted to make sure Darius's ult did not kill squishy ranged ADs and mages from full with low bleed stacks. When the ult was physical, the damage had to be so high to make it feel good against, say Renekton, that it was abusive versus Caitlyn. Notice that in the example you gave, Darius's lvl 3 Noxian Guillotine at max stacks with 60 bonus AD would be doing something like 300 physical damage to a lvl 18 Renekton with a Randuins and an Aegis.
This is possibly the most ridiculous post I've ever read and only goes to further prove that the designers no longer have have any idea what they're doing. It's unfortunate that being a game designer doesn't have any requirements.

Making players think is a horrible thing. Players shouldn't have to get a feel for their champion's damage in order to perform well. That's not fun. In fact, let's make Garen's ult true damage, because it's unfair to make players figure out how much health enemies have to be at to kill them.

And while we're at it, let's make every ult true damage, too. Because when I'm playing Fiora and I ult the enemy armor stacking Renekton, it just doesn't feel good, and it's too abusive when I ult Caitlyn. Better yet, let's make all damaging ults true damage, so they feel good!

No, seriously.