Ranked 3v3 QQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lazreal

05-23-2012

I have no option to played ranked for 3v3 only 5v5 on My lvl 30 account, what gives can you only play 1 ranked ladder?

Rushed dead

05-23-2012

I myself wonder this aswell

SoulR34p3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Yea but 3v3 ranked is pretty nice its self to.. Just got to have 3 good players that work well together and know how to play.

shakuganTV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

yep, you need a team in order to play ranked 3 vs3

xRyZ

05-24-2012

You need to join a team

Riot Taco Storm

Associate QA Lead

05-24-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

As others have mentioned, you need to join a ranked team to do 3v3 ranked.

We're going to work on making it more apparent how to get into 3v3 ranked. Right now, unless you're on a ranked team, there's no indication that the queue even exists. It's something we're looking to change!

Stingent

05-24-2012

Yeah, invite people to your friends list you see do well, then ask them if they want to do ranked 3's. People who play threes are usually way more casual about ranked than people who play 5's(Many are exactly in your position!). Skype/vent/mumble is a must to gain rating at any speed though.

There's also a meta to ranked 3's that doesn't exist in normal 3's. Jungling/Counterjungling is super important. AKA teams who know what they're doing DO have smite. Sometimes(Not very often) you'll see double smites for super fast dragons that you have absolutely no chance to react to. You need to quickly learn and incorporate the tactics teams that beat you use to win.

At any rate, it's a lot tougher than normal threes, but I find it a lot more rewarding and fun than solo q ranked 5's. The level of frustration just isn't there. Also, with quick wins you can easily get in like 8-10 games in an evening. If your good you win all or almost all of them too....though that's the same as premade ranked 5's.

Champlord

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
As others have mentioned, you need to join a ranked team to do 3v3 ranked.

We're going to work on making it more apparent how to get into 3v3 ranked. Right now, unless you're on a ranked team, there's no indication that the queue even exists. It's something we're looking to change!
any prospects of a 3v3 solo queue?

Shentok

05-24-2012

3v3 Solo/duo queue would rock. Would get my friend to play with me again.

Lorthix

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shentok View Post
3v3 Solo/duo queue would rock. Would get my friend to play with me again.
That would kinda suck if implemented. You would always have one solo and one duo grouped together and the solo would have to do whatever it was that the duo wanted based on majority or else risk being reported. I play ranked 3v3 as much as I can cause I personally prefer it to 5s, so I would use a solo/duo option if it was implemented for sure, but i could definitely see it causing nothing but greif for anyone who queued solo.