Darius Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the Arbiterrrrrr

05-18-2012

Galio + Unholy Grail = Epic Orgasm

Derpchappy

05-18-2012

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Finally, these new hud and graphics improvements will be great.

404errorNotFound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenic View Post
Finally, these new hud and graphics improvements will be great.
/\ wtf? /\

Lethal Harmony

05-18-2012

I love it! Hope to see more re-works on old champions soon, champions like Morgana and Soraka are looking a bit dated.

NinjaC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

Great updates. especially the hud for creep score. I play support and watch alot of replays. I would like to see how many wards were used for each person or bought doing the game. This would be usefu for see who needs to ward more are how much we have spent on wards etc. thank you

NinjaC

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynnr View Post
the HUD rework & turrent notifications are especially nice... something different to look at!
Great updates. especially the hud for creep score. I play support and watch alot of replays. I would like to see how many wards were used for each person or bought doing the game. This would be usefu for see who needs to ward more are how much we have spent on wards etc. thank you

NinjaC

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Wooo! I'm so excited for this patch
Great updates. especially the hud for creep score. I play support alot and watch aton of replays. I would like to see how many wards were used for each person or bought doing the game. This would be usefu for see who needs to ward more are how much we have spent on wards etc. Thank you, just my 2 cents

Henry Plainview

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sön Jax View Post
I'm not a fan of the graphics overhaul. One thing that I thought League of Legends was completely superior to in comparison to Dota 2 was the art direction. Dota 2 went with this "make everything look realistic, omg super cool grafix" and all of the visuals just sort of blend in together because there's literally zero art direction. This is a step in that direction that I wish you wouldn't take - art direction is more important than making everything look as realistic as you can. That being said, the patch overall is great, and I appreciate the work being done, even though I personally am not a fan of the graphics changes.
What? I agree with you that I don't like Dota 2's art at all, but I don't see how the update is any less cartoony, it's just more detailed.

davin

Senior User Researcher

05-18-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reep View Post
You guys should make the tower aggro indicator last longer. Also, will allies be able to see the indicator on allied champions, or even enemy champions?
The indicator and sound are just for the player who is getting targeted. It's primarily an "uh oh!" moment for experienced players and a learning tool for new players.

If we find people need it on longer, we can definitely tweak the length! Right now the goal is to have it be a quick impression of danger rather than a constant indicator (which is covered by the 'beam' currently).

code81

05-18-2012

No freeweek in ranked is stupid. Completely unnecessary.