why riot should not change blue/purple and why that is a good thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jloysnenph

05-14-2012

Basic truth- The bottom of your hud (skills, minimap) cut off the bottom of your vision. Disadvantage to purple.

PhoDaKids

05-14-2012

Being a longtime Starcraft and Starcraft 2 player, the unlocked screen came naturally to me. However, I do understand peopleís like of the Locked Screen. Itís a great way to not lose track of your character even in the heat of everything thatís happening. But, the locked screen creates tunnel vision thereby increasing chances of ďout-of-visionĒ ganks, etc. Happening. The best and really only way to solve this problem people keep complaining about is to learn to play unlocked. Really, itíll make you a better player over all and it should only take a short amount of time to get used to. Think about it, a little extra effort reaping great rewards. Itís crazy I know

Dirtydogkbc

05-14-2012

Interesting debate. For the record, I'm completely happy whichever side I'm put on.

But for what its worth, its not just camera angles, access to Baron/Dragon, accessibility to blue (which IS annoying.. example below...) and so on is not equal.

Me, top on Ahri, Vlad mid (before you ask, it was so we weren't completely counter picked in lane) and Shyvanna jungle meant for me to get blue I had to walk all the way down from top, whereas if id been the other colour I wouldn't have had to go much further than my own turret.

My point isn't a major thing, and I honestly cant see how you'de fix it (especially since you probably get as many blue team picks as you do purple). As for camera angles, this is the first iv even thought about it, since iv always had the screen unlocked.

Sephrinx

05-15-2012

I have my UI shrunk, I have never played with locked camera, that is retarded. Blue has an intrinsic visual advantage. There is no argument there. It is fact. The end.

thefunkyphresh

05-15-2012

Or they could just give us view rotation...

KnightxSScarlett

05-15-2012

The solution to the Purple/Blue team problem is to disallow locking of camera.

Guppers

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
I have my UI shrunk, I have never played with locked camera, that is retarded. Blue has an intrinsic visual advantage. There is no argument there. It is fact. The end.
i don't agree that this is inarguable fact. If you don't play with camera lock you can have whichever part of the screen visible that you like, so how is the visual advantage intrinsic?

Skilltestingman

05-15-2012

By far the dumbest thing I've heard people argue about

Sharp Ears

05-15-2012

It's true that unlocking the camera provides a tactical advantage, and the purple side is at an odd angle when it comes to laning-

But, you know, you can just reduce the HUD size, right?

:P

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

WHOOSH.

OP missed the reason that most people complain about this completely. It has nothing to do with camera lock. It is entirely based on map symmetry.

Purple has to deal with a ui that blocks where the enemy is most likely coming from. blue gains little golems near the bot lane, which helps the AD carry GREATLY. You could argue that purple has top getting golems, but giving an AD carry a leg up is almost always better than giving your top a leg up.

Blue also gets greater dragon vision, as they can safely ward it from over the wall, which helps their early game dramatically if they use it. They also get easy access to baron. While this is true in reverse for the other team, you want eyes on dragon as early as possible, and blue gets added safety while doing it, yet another bonus for blue bottom lane. Baron is usually something that is done when the other team cannot react to it, so safety while warding is next to useless until late game for possible baron steals. Meanwhile, blue can more easily access it, which is useful if they are not in a good position to counter a baron.

Not that I agree with it being unbalanced, just OP missed the point of the QQ'ers completely.