Nidalee: New and Persistent Bugs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroDivision

08-12-2010

New - Occasionally using takedown will cause Nidalee to no longer be able to auto-attack at all while she remains in cougar form. Switching forms will fix this.

New - Using takedown will occasionally not utilize sheen/lichbane/trinity force bonus damage, but will consume the charge/buff.

Persistent - Pounce and Swipe tooltips will sometimes display 0+0 damage, though the actual damage output seems to be correct after the recent patch. Switching forms will usually correct this.

Persistent - Casting a spell directly after switching forms from cougar to human will cause the target of said spell to either be Nidalee herself (iheal), Nidalee's current position (trap) , or a random direction (spear, though this also applies to pounce/swipe).

Persistent - Pounce will occasionally not move Nidalee forward at all, though it will play the animation and deal damage around her. This most often occurs when using pounce directly after giving her a move command.

Persistent - The damage bonus on her spear is apparently calculated at the time of impact, and based off of the distance from the target to where Nidalee currently is. I'm not sure if this is working as intended, though it doesn't seem to match the tooltip description.

Persistent - Nidalee can switch from cougar form to human form while in the middle of her pounce. This causes it to apply no damage, and her auto-attack will be melee for a few milliseconds. I'm not sure if this is working as intended, but doesn't seem right, though it's a bit funny to see her fly around while playing her standing animation.

ZeroDivision

08-12-2010

Bump in hopes that a Red will see this (assuming they have not already)

Sweetbracket

08-14-2010

Would be nice to finally get some help with this. These bugs have been occurring for quite some time and when they happen repeatedly in a game, can cripple a player.

A few other persistent bugs that I and others who have played Nidalee have found are:

- Many times when you switch forms there is a delay not allowing you to cast for 1-3 seconds. All skills are grayed-out so you're stuck waiting as if silenced.

- Her E ability, the heal, seems to lag in affect... as an example... if you are at 10 hp and heal yourself for 100 hp with the E ability, then are hit for 50 hp, you will get killed because the game acts as if the damage was done before the heal even when the heal was clearly done first.

FlufficusMaximus

08-14-2010

I'm just gonna throw this in because I don't think it's worth making a thread for.

Nidalee's takedown doesn't show the spell name properly in the death report thing.

ZeroDivision

08-14-2010

I ran into another interesting event yesterday. I don't know if this is intended, a Nidalee specific bug, or a general bug. When fighting Kassadin, and attempting to heal: If he cast his silence sphere on my right after I cast my heal spell my mana is used and my spell is put on cooldown, but I am not healed and there i no attack-speed buff. At this point the sphere is still flying though the air. It will still deal damage, and silence when it impacts with Nidalee. This means that an intelligent Kassadin can cancel Nidalee's heal spell and still deal his damage.

Sweetbracket

08-14-2010

It's definitely a bug with Nidalee... it sounds like what I was referring to above where when you heal while being attacked, the heal does not take place till after the attack or does not happen at all. The heal is placed on cooldown but no hp is returned to Nidalee, the attack speed is not given, and the buff for the attack speed does not show, leading me to believe that the heal was never applied.

Ponts

Senior QA Analyst

08-14-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for such a thorough report guys.

Quote:
The damage bonus on her spear is apparently calculated at the time of impact, and based off of the distance from the target to where Nidalee currently is. I'm not sure if this is working as intended
This is the intended behavior for Spear Toss. So toss the spear and run away for big damage!

Quote:
When fighting Kassadin, and attempting to heal: If he cast his silence sphere on my right after I cast my heal spell my mana is used and my spell is put on cooldown, but I am not healed and there i no attack-speed buff.
This sounds like the silence fizzled your spell, however it could be some odd behavior like Sweetbracket said. Do you know if you saw the cast bar complete or not?

I'll try and take a look at the rest of this stuff on monday.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-14-2010

Ooh we have a new intern to cuddle with!!

Ponts

Senior QA Analyst

08-14-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I just want cookies! Tell me you have cookies!

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-14-2010

You'll get one now, and more if you'll behave.