Draft Mode in TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunderstorm

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlis View Post
Thanks for the response Taco Storm, I get the rationale, but why not "Draft" only then? Champs are balanced for SR, so the ability to keep the most obnoxious stuff from TT is extra appealing
Bc Riot has officially abandoned TT. Their official policy is just to leave it like it is

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
Bc Riot has officially abandoned TT. Their official policy is just to leave it like it is
How are posts like this remotely helpful? When Riot ignores the entire forum for MONTHS, then one helpful rioter actually comes in and makes a half-dozen posts, is it really productive to just slam on Riot in response?

TheFunderstorm

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
How are posts like this remotely helpful? When Riot ignores the entire forum for MONTHS, then one helpful rioter actually comes in and makes a half-dozen posts, is it really productive to just slam on Riot in response?
Hes not actually talking about what Riot is doing with TT or giving us new information. He is just telling us what we already knew

Kagami

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s, since you may get to ban singed/lee sin, but you may end up getting matched against much tougher competition after having waited 5-7 mins.

If you're looking for a way to ban in the meantime, however, I highly recommend trying ranked teams once you're level 30. My team and I have been doing it a lot and really enjoy it!
But if you added draft some people might return to TT... I played it more before SR got draft. but after it got draft I found I liked playing draft a lot more and as such don't really play TT because it's either blind or ranked... Dominion has somewhat longer queues for it's draft and I haven't heard about that being considered a problem.

Alan MQ

05-11-2012

Quote:
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s, since you may get to ban singed/lee sin, but you may end up getting matched against much tougher competition after having waited 5-7 mins.

If you're looking for a way to ban in the meantime, however, I highly recommend trying ranked teams once you're level 30. My team and I have been doing it a lot and really enjoy it!
Thanks GOD!! Finally we havesome Red on TT forum. I am thinking that if you first introduce the normal draft then look at the result but not predicting that there are not enough player for this. Riot should have pro-active.

The main problem also make TT is low player base is the imbalance between blue and purple laser range, this is a hung thing to deter people playing TT. Dont just saying there are not enough player, as a company you are the one to make the player come back to TT and new player.

Sessamo

05-11-2012

I don't think Treeline will ever draw a significant number of players until draft mode is released.
People just get way too turned-off of the map after fighting the same champs over and over again.

blahdiblah

05-11-2012

Quote:
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
Any plans to actually work on TT then? It has some pretty glaring problems, and the obvious lack of support by Riot for TT makes it rough to attract new players to it.

dirkDiGgYDIGGLER

05-11-2012

Thanks for posting in the TT forums Taco Storm, it really is nice to see a red presence here.

My friends and I used to play TT exclusively but have since moved on to dominion and the occasional SR. This was right around the time the jungle was remade in 5v5 and we felt like there might finally be some changes to TT in the works. When those never materialized we sort of gave up on the game mode because of a general feeling that concerns were never going to be addressed. I think if Riot spent a bit of time tuning up the jungle and each side's base it would do a lot to bring more people back to 3v3. I know we would start playing again.

NinetyNineTails

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
Taco your answer is bull****
if you introduced a draft mode normal or solo queue ranked it would bring more players to twisted treeline
yeah if you divide the current number of TT players between two queues the queues would be long, but you aren't factoring in the new interest and increased number of players that would play the map with the introduction of a draft mode
RELEASE DRAFT MODE NOW
You seem very sure that the only thing standing between TT and greatly increased popularity is Draft Mode.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

What happened to the balance changes that were going to happen based on lessons learnt from Dominion? More people would play it if it wasn't so disgustingly unbalanced.