What should Olaf build in 3vs3?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealMithron

05-09-2012

Like early BT? What should I be getting? I got super fed and built BT quick then Frozen Mallet since we didn't have much CC but I just couldn't make use of my kills and gold effectively and we eventually lost 'cause we lost every team fight.

RealMithron

05-10-2012

bump

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

5 warmogs

Foizle

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Like early BT? What should I be getting? I got super fed and built BT quick then Frozen Mallet since we didn't have much CC but I just couldn't make use of my kills and gold effectively and we eventually lost 'cause we lost every team fight.
Build a Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler, Warmog's, and then build your bloodthirster. A BT isn't good unless you're super tanky ie a lot of health. If you aren't doing well at start then build a wriggles first and push top to turret and jungle on side. Then go with the same build and finally sell wriggles for BT.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Fratmas is the guaranteed victory build. If you're slightly behind, then you rock a Randuin's/Hexdrinker (MoM). If you're ahead, then you can go for a BT/Phantom Dancer/LW. If they build armor, then you obviously need a LW anyway. Wriggles is a nice early item if you can afford it, if not, a Phage is usually good enough as you progress towards midgame. Warmog's is a weak item compared to Frozen Mallet for obvious reasons. Boots are always Ninja Tabi or Merc Threads (usually Ninja Tabi to synergize with your duelist/turret diving nature).

Riot Taco Storm

Associate QA Lead

05-10-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yeah, I'm a big fan of rushing frozen mallet + some other health like items depending on how the other team is stacked. If they've got a lot of magic damage I tend to build things like spirit visage after my frozen mallet. BT is always nice too, though.

I've been meaning to experiment with a gunblade on him for the spellvamp/lifesteal/non skillshot slow, but I honestly don't have high expectations for it.

Hidari Shotaro

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Yeah, I'm a big fan of rushing frozen mallet + some other health like items depending on how the other team is stacked. If they've got a lot of magic damage I tend to build things like spirit visage after my frozen mallet. BT is always nice too, though.

I've been meaning to experiment with a gunblade on him for the spellvamp/lifesteal/non skillshot slow, but I honestly don't have high expectations for it.
turn on W and his true damage is free, was fun to get pre gunblade nerf, never tried it afterwards

BadgerDrool

05-10-2012

In 3v3 I tend toward filling up on cheap efficient items. So I'd suggest considering an Executioners Calling for your lifesteal slot. There's no wasted stats for Olaf and it gives a ton of life steal.

Mind definitely get some health and resists as well. A Zeke's Herald is on my list of options.

RealMithron

05-11-2012

I don't understand how you guys are doing damage building health items on him. Sure, his W scales off his health but you're supposed to level his E and Q first aren't you? That's how you get fed in the first place.

Wheredigo

05-12-2012

frozen mallet is his bread and butter. the health and slow, especially on top of his undertow is really important as he doesn't have any other cc. after that you can never go wrong with claws for jungling quickly and dragon control. other than that most things are more situational imo.