Can we get Dominion on a separate Queue Dodge timer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWolfSage

05-08-2012

Varus just came out today - and seeing as how I spent 6300 IP on him, I would like to - you know - PLAY the hero that I paid for.

But the past 6 games I've been in Queue for in Ranked either have A.) Someone steal him before it's my turn to pick B.) Him get banned in the opening seconds or C.) Someone queue dodged the one time I got him.

Yes, I'm aware that my leaving when others take him only perpetuates the problem and makes others have the same problems. No, I do not care. I want to play my hero, not spend 40 minutes in a game staring at him wishing I was playing him. But that is not the focus of this.

It would be nice to have Dominion on a separate queue dodge timer so I could at least play a game of Dominion while waiting for the 15 minute timer I've built up (and more than likely the 30 minute+ timer I will build up by the time I actually play Varus) to dissipate. Especially since even though I don't want to play Dominion right now, it's about the best chance I have of playing Varus some time this month.

The Elk

05-08-2012

I support a queue dodge penalty. Also, if you want to play a specific champion blind is usually better.

edit: Dominion doesn't have a dodge penalty. I failed at reading initially.

TheWolfSage

05-08-2012

Yes, but there is no Ranked blind.

Dominion doesn't have (or at least I've never experienced it, though I've only dodged that once or twice when someone obviously trolled with their champ/spells) a dodge timeout, so I don't see why it's affected by the SR/TT Queues anyway.

Redenbacher

05-08-2012

This is why I never buy champions on release day, but I understand your frustration.

My advice is to play blind.

I don't support a separate queue dodge timer for Dominion because it will be abused. The last thing I want in my game is some guy just trying to get a game in during his dodge timer. Well, maybe not the 'last' thing, but it's up there.

TheWolfSage

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I don't support a separate queue dodge timer for Dominion because it will be abused. The last thing I want in my game is some guy just trying to get a game in during his dodge timer. Well, maybe not the 'last' thing, but it's up there.
I agreed with you at first, even during the time that I was waiting for the timer to run out. But that was when I realized something - my queue timer has (so far) gone up to 15 minutes, maybe 16-17 (I didn't check immediately) and the thought occurred to me that - if you were so inclined, it could be faster to actually JOIN the game (rather than queue dodging) then do nothing but run straight into your enemy's face and let them kill you. After the first 5 or so deaths it's likely that they'd be fed enough to end the game before it was even surrender-able.

The saddest part? It's very tempting to do this; I hate trolls and so won't do it, of course, but if it was faster, I could easily see someone doing this to speed up the time between queues and attempts at playing him.

FDru

05-08-2012

We aren't gonna be the fallback mode for SR rejects.

Play custom if you can't live without playing a new champ. And get used to it because this happens every 2 weeks.

Chavez Obama

05-08-2012

So far, 2 games, 2 varus' on my team today, 0 on the other team?

Their scores?

1/7/5
0/9/2

I don't queue dodge bad team comps, but maybe I should dodge the terrible ones. Not sure if Varus is that bad, or people just suck with him.

inFe eD

05-08-2012

OP, imagine that, every game you queue into, there are 4 people with the exact same mindset as you. All of you feel entitled to play Varus, and all of you will dodge if you don't get him. There is absolutely nothing Riot can do to fix this. Go play a solo game if you absolutely must play Varus, your teammates be darned.

TheWolfSage

05-08-2012

There needs to be a better system for it, is all I'm saying. On the off chance that I'm actually in the Team Captain spot, and on the off chance we get first pick or their first pick doesn't steal Varus, and on the off chance he isn't banned just for being new and potentially OP, I get Varus, and someone immediately leaves. Typically, someone on the other team, at least from what I've seen - they see a new hero and go "o**** better leave".

Why don't we have a system where if someone leaves, they just get replaced? ESPECIALLY in games where it comes down to the final five seconds or so before it starts - THAT has happened to me twice now. There is NO reason to have a player leave and force 9 others to restart what is typically a five-minute process.

Ahhhh Crap

05-08-2012

so youre a ***** who's que dodging just cause you cant play your new champ? Oh poor baby

youre part of the problem that you want someone to fix? errr....