@ riot any work on the 0 cs meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PDiddy

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushSecond View Post
Riot already added a solution: gp10 seals.

I've had a lot of games recently where I've gotten under 10 cs and still had more gold than my jungler.
Really? Are you running quints too?

Masteries and runes pls????

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

05-08-2012

Quote:
This is a diverse meta, so why would riot change it just because some people who have NO CLUE how to play support find playing support poorly is unfun?
Fun fact: There is no correlation between not enjoying the support role and not knowing how to play it properly, let alone a causal connection.

There are just as many bad tops or mids or junglers or carries as there are supports. That doesn't stop most people from rushing to mid/top, even though they might be good at support but fail at these roles.

Also, "some people" is a very, very bad way to adress the vast majority of players. Remember, support is a niche. It has always been. Riot knows this, Morello admitted to it, everyone playing the game knows this.

Also, diversity for diversity sake is like uniqueness for uniqueness sake, it's use- and pointless. If "everyone" only wanted to play bruiser, there is no point whatsoever in enforcing a diverse meta. Of course, that's not the case here. But support is unpopular, so unpopular that in the vast majority of cases, somebody gets urged to play it against his/her will, up to the point where this person rather trolls the team. And that IS a problem. And there is no real point in having a "meta" that encourages to pick such a role that only few people like, regardless of how vocal that group might be.

The easiest solutions to deal with this without changing a whole lot in the game mechanics is to encourage double jungling. Nerfing AD carries across the board will only help so much, because the problem is scaling, and there are other characters with carry-like scaling that would have to be nerfed too until everyone had the same late-game scaling. Changing ANYTHING on support won't help a thing, at best you put a suppot into a solo lane and let a tank/mage do the 0CS thing. Alternatively, they can just nerf towers and minions to a point where you can end the game before the carry got their IE + PD. Then we're back in the all mid-pushing "meta".

But something needs to be done. There can be no arguing here, unless you're trying to claim support to be a popular role, which evidently is not the case.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

The problem is people's attitude regarding support. There are a lot of fun supports out there now, and while it may not be for everyone, if people would actually take the time to learn to support well, and maybe get a ranged AD duo partner, I think a lot of them would come to enjoy it.