Moving a short distance after auto attacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ipodjockey

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5weet Yi View Post
Shift+RMB is attack move by default, so you can RMB, S+RMB, RMB to do it quickly with default controls. I found this to be cumbersome when trying to retreat because if you have a skillshot character and try to smart cast it with shift while escaping, you might in your panic hit S+RMB while commanding your champion to retreat, which results in them turning around and dying.

I changed it to Shift+LMB and recommend that, with my Shift+RMB being an extra regular Move command so it doesn't **** with any movement while smart-casting ****. Then you can hold shift while retreating and still use default smartcast commands, as well as alternate RMB and LMB to step away, attack, and step away again, which is pretty good to be able to do on a ranged carry.

And I'd like to point out the best thing about doing this shuffle stepping thing is when you're kiting someone, as long as they're the closest person to you it doesn't matter where you click with Shift+LMB, you'll spin and attack and then your RMB click will put your champ back in the right direction, so you don't even have to think about aiming if you're on the retreat and still healthy enough to fight as you do it.
Just curious couldn't you just use smartcast keybindings for you abilities instead?

Sweet Yi

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodjockey View Post
Just curious couldn't you just use smartcast keybindings for you abilities instead?
Yes, but I personally think binding your QWER to all smartcast, as some players do, is really pointless. Why take away some of your flexibility by no longer being able to manually aim, just for the sake of doing your combo easier without the shift key involved? With my keybinds, I can clamp down on shift and do everything quickly in combat be it move, attack, or smartcast any of my skills, but I can also release shift and take my time if I want to aim patiently from a bush with a Morgana Q or Blitz hook for example.

Personal preference I guess but I feel like my set up is very effective.

Rockpops

05-08-2012

Chasing someone: Attack move ahead of them, right click towards them as soon as the auto attack goes off. When you think your attack timer has reset, attack move ahead of them. Rinse and repeat.

Kiting someone: Attack move anywhere (doesnt matter most of the time), right click away from them as soon as the auto attack goes off. When you think your attack timer has reset, attack move anywhere.

Will take some pratice to get the hang off. If they're enemy creeps nearby, you will have to right click the champion instead of attack moving. Jungle creeps will only be targeted by attack move if they have already been pulled.

amgagm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5weet Yi View Post
Yes, but I personally think binding your QWER to all smartcast, as some players do, is really pointless. Why take away some of your flexibility by no longer being able to manually aim, just for the sake of doing your combo easier without the shift key involved? With my keybinds, I can clamp down on shift and do everything quickly in combat be it move, attack, or smartcast any of my skills, but I can also release shift and take my time if I want to aim patiently from a bush with a Morgana Q or Blitz hook for example.

Personal preference I guess but I feel like my set up is very effective.
Understandable, but it would be much preferable if you could bind standard casting to SHIFT+qwer for range checks.
I used to smartcast holding shift, but my Lvl20ish cousin wanted to try out Cass after he saw me play her and he was struggling with smartcasting with default binds. I changed the keybindings for him months back and have been too lazy to change that **** back.
On the bright side, it forces anyone who comes over to play league on my computer to learn to smartcast huehuehue....

edit: it helps to fully understand the range and hitbox on the skills you're using, it's a ***** learning new champs through with it.