Have you ever experienced a crash WITHOUT seeing a Bugsplat window?

Yes, definitely 1,087 60.46%
I THINK so 196 10.90%
No, never 515 28.64%
Voters: 1798. You may not vote on this poll

Bugsplat Poll - Please give your feedback

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veigar

Producer

10-28-2009
1 of 9 Riot Posts

Hi guys, I'm looking to get your feedback on how effective our bug reporting tool is at catching game crashes. Could you please take the time to vote on whether you have experienced a game crash in the last two weeks WITHOUT seeing a Bugsplat window appearing to record it (PvPNet crashes not included)?

(See the screenshot for an example of what the Bugsplat window looks like if you are unfamiliar with it).

Webling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2009

I have always seen it I think...

Nope nevermind, I crashed last night where I had an error and couldn't join the game I had just started. Had to quit out and then log back in, no bug splat window.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2009

has happened at LEAST 3 times but always under the same circumstance:

i have a long load time and apparently im the only one ever to have a 2-2.5 min load time. nobody can help me with this issue, but thats a diff story.

everything runs fine, but loading the game after champion select takes between 2-2.5 minutes. sometimes it will get to 0:00 and then close. just close. i then have to reconnect and join the game roughly 3-4 minutes late. i did notice that at least 2 of those times, i was holding ctrl and talking on vent as the timer was supposed to finish, during which time it closed itself.

gh0sty

10-28-2009

Never knew it existed as it never showed up :/

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-28-2009
2 of 9 Riot Posts

I crash pretty much after every game. Several dozen times per day.

I have seen the bugsplat window maybe 5 times in my life.

In other words, 95% plus of non-maestro related errors do not pop the bugsplat window (maestro errors were 95% of my crashes and they don't pop it either :P)

hohums

Software Engineer

10-28-2009
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Just to be clear. This poll is not about maestro errors. PVP.net uses a different error checking mechanism. We are particularly interested in the game client itself.

Lerrem

10-29-2009

I have never seen this pop up but I dont think I have ever had a problem with the game crashing either. The only time I have ever actually been dropped from a game was when they reset the servers to update the code redemption system in the store.

Can you tell me if this counts? If so I will vote yes, otherwise I don't think my information is helpful.

Pen15Mightier

10-29-2009

I've seen BugSplat once, I've crashed in game several times...Usually just results in a 'Error this Application needs to restart' window. Click OK, and go back into the front end of LoL to reconnect with my game.

hohums

Software Engineer

10-29-2009
4 of 9 Riot Posts

If the game gives you a reason for failing (ie the retry to connect button) we don't want to count those in this poll. If the game just disappears and goes back to PVP.net (the lobby interface) then we would like to know about that.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-29-2009
5 of 9 Riot Posts

I retract my earlier statements. The few times I've crashed ingame I've seen the bugsplat.

1234511 ... 29