[Suggestion] Appear Offline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeithFactor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-24-2012

/sign

Dr Neptune II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

/sign

WakeskaterX

04-30-2012

/sign with lemon juice.... HUE HUE HUE you will never discover it unless you hold it over a flame... hue hu...e.... h...... ****

Murron

05-01-2012

/sign

TheBeastOfAll

05-04-2012

/signed Any word on this? I've quit using friends list because I can't regulate who see's me and who doesn't. To be fair to everyone I game with I just removed everyone so its not just a "slap in the face you are annoying" jab on the people I remove. I just sometimes am not in the mood to play with people I don't play well with and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

PKHustle

05-04-2012

Basically, Riot is saying they're not going to implement this awesome idea because they think they know what's best for everyone.

FYI, Riot, I don't ALWAYS want to play with some of my friends.. some of them are not very good and while it's great to play with them every now and then, I would like to work on my own elo or have serious matches with my good friends.

I have 12 IRL friends who play league and we've already had arguements because there's this one guy that is just bad. We don't even play with him anymore because of the arguement, which COULD have been prevented if we had some cool features like this instead of poppa Riot thinking they know what's best for everyone and everything.

You guys should take some notes from a few companies who know how to please a community, like Blizzard.

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

05-05-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKHustle View Post
Basically, Riot is saying they're not going to implement this awesome idea because they think they know what's best for everyone.
Oh you ... this wasn't actually said anywhere It's an item that needs prioritization against countless other awesome ideas. This doesn't mean that it's not going to be done, but rather that we have a lot to do. A lot of people want this feature for reasons similar to those that have been frequently stated in this thread. Amongst those people are myself and many other Rioters! I've poked a lot of people about it for sure (In retrospect, half of those people were probably Status Kwoh).

So to provide an update of sorts, this isn't forgotten. It's still a topic of discussion, especially now that spectator mode has been rolled out in full. The lack of updates around this is frustrating, I know, but we're always hard at work trying to ship awesome things. I think since I last posted about this, we got mastery pages on the server, spectator mode, lots of client refactors (which might be a little transparent), and more. There's definitely a lot of movement going on here!

So in short, thanks for your patience. While I'm confident that you will enjoy the things we've been working on, it's also frustrating to us when we're met with an abundance of opportunities to make League of Legends more awesome and can't do them as fast as we want

Kbsing

05-15-2012

/Sign

LadyAzalea

05-15-2012

Instead of being "offline" couldn't there just be "invisibility?" Where you could still get notifications, if you wanted, yet still show as being "offline" to your friends, while talking to ones you want to? Or maybe make a capability to go offline to certain friend groups, but not all? (That falls under the improved buddy list option, of course.)
Just my thoughts... I didn't read all 22 pages, only riot posts & the op.

kT ohNine

05-15-2012

/sign

invisible mode sounds good