Riot no bans leavers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Anubis

05-04-2012

Ok this is yet another thread about elo hell and leavers in the community.

For those of you who don't know me i'm a heavy rank player i been trying to get out of elo hell i'v climb back to 1k+ elo from being way down in 700+ elo cause i played rank with a few new friends. Anyways my point is this.

Now that i'm serious about rising my elo i can't seem to do it. Last 4 matchs i had leavers trolls and afking. I know riot can't do much about the troll geran who wanted to support my kog bot but he sat on tower and we got out lvled cause they did'nt push our lane and we lost cause he could'nt do anything to help me get exp or kills in lane phase.

But the afking and leaving riot has full control over that. I'd like to know why i ended up with this akali who wanted mid even talks during champion select but as soon as the game starts she sits in base for the whole 20 mins of the game and we lost. I proceed to look at her match history and she has 4 leavers in her rank game history so within the 10 games your match history hold she had 4 leavers in RANK.

So i ask my self why is this person making it into more and more rank games and continues to leave. Does riot not do anything about this. The community seems to be getting worst i leave rank for a day hoping it might of been a fluk but no i came back the next day to do my 1st rank and bam leaver again.

What can i do at this rate i'm gonna keep losing elo with all the leavers and this just aint fun to play when they keep leaving your team handicap

Lios Ashenblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Dude I know your pain, 200 elo dropped in 2 days, baddie after baddie...leaver after leaver

xKanythz

05-04-2012

I played today like 10 games.

In 6 games any player of my team leave.

We need a high penalty about it, we can't play with 3v5, 4v5, so boring..
Dont know what, lose IP, ban, something! BUT WE NEED IT

Trolls, Rage Quiters.. :/

Master Anubis

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKanythz View Post
I played today like 10 games.

In 6 games any player of my team leave.

We need a high penalty about it, we can't play with 3v5, 4v5, so boring..
Dont know what, lose IP, ban, something! BUT WE NEED IT

Trolls, Rage Quiters.. :/
Ya i have no idea but something needs to happen. I find it completely unacceptable to find a leaver in my game and then see his/her match history and see almost half there games as leavers and those games are RANK. -.- it shows me only that the system is flawed and people can do as they please with no penalty's, and the people who are really trying to play and climb that elo ladder but can't because of lack of players on the field of justice.

KnightxSScarlett

05-04-2012

Why doesn't riot just initiate a client ban?

cdnmute

05-04-2012

A little story,

When I first started playing ranked I had the same problems you guys are having and I dropped to about 1.1k elo, maybe a little less. It's pretty tough down there. In order to get out you have to change your mindset.

Take your ten game match history, you can't look at the 4 games with leavers/trolls whatever and think "If only I hadn't had those trolls...."

You have to look the the 6 winnable games and think "how could I have won those games"

if you go 6 and 4 every ten games you will be out of elo hell.

There is the possibilty of trolls/leavers for both teams at that elo. I know it always seems like they are on your team but that won't be true forever. Because of this though you have to capitalize on every chance to win. You can't risk losing a winnable game because you can't play support. You can't risk losing a game cause you got into a fight with your jungle cause he doesn't gank enough. You have to work with your teammates as much as possible. It's very obvious in this game to tell who's trying and who isn't.

If someone is trying, but failing, help them. Offer to switch lanes, ward for them, tell them what they are doing wrong (nicely), ping for them when a gank is inc. Reassure them by saying things like "don't worry about getting kills in your lane, just cs as much as possible and don't lose the lane and we got this." It will take the presure off them, they won't feel the need to press for kills.

If you really shouldn't be at 1k elo doing any of these things shouldn't be too hard.

I'm at 1350 now, I'm not a pro and I'm not so far removed from elo hell that I don't remember what it's like. I can tell you this though, at 1300+ the population of trolls and leavers drop a ton.

Master Anubis

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmute View Post
A little story,

When I first started playing ranked I had the same problems you guys are having and I dropped to about 1.1k elo, maybe a little less. It's pretty tough down there. In order to get out you have to change your mindset.

Take your ten game match history, you can't look at the 4 games with leavers/trolls whatever and think "If only I hadn't had those trolls...."

You have to look the the 6 winnable games and think "how could I have won those games"

There is the possibilty of trolls/leavers for both teams at that elo. I know it always seems like they are on your team but that won't be true forever. Because of this though you have to capitalize on every chance to win. You can't risk losing a winnable game because you can't play support. You can't risk losing a game cause you got into a fight with your jungle cause he doesn't gank enough. You have to work with your teammates as much as possible. It's very obvious in this game to tell who's trying and who isn't.

If someone is trying, but failing, help them. Offer to switch lanes, ward for them, tell them what they are doing wrong (nicely), ping for them when a gank is inc. Reassure them by saying things like "don't worry about getting kills in your lane, just cs as much as possible and don't lose the lane and we got this." It will take the presure off them, they won't feel the need to press for kills.

If you really shouldn't be at 1k elo doing any of these things shouldn't be too hard.

I'm at 1350 now, I'm not a pro and I'm not so far removed from elo hell that I don't remember what it's like. I can tell you this though, at 1300+ the population of trolls and leavers drop a ton.
Everything you said i do. I'm a very sought after player cause my friends know who i am and how i play but you can't coach them all and not everyone listens even if you say things nicely a lot of people can't take advise from other players nor can they read properly when you type things that are meant to be read exactly. Fact is this its a team game and when your players are leaving afking and what not you can't coach a leaver. said trolls are trolls aka the support Garen who tower hugs and gets no farm/exp out of his/her lane.

But its not the 4-10 games i'm talking about. Its when i look at this akali that was in my last game i find it really hard riot is doing anything to the leavers. Her said match history is 4 games was leavers and the rest was defeats and maybe 1 or 2 victorys. I find it really hard with 4 rank games this person left in they are still solo que rank and screwing over more games they are in.How is this acceptable?

cdnmute

05-04-2012

Don't get me wrong there are things riot needs to do to help us out.

I feel if you get a leaver status 3 times or more within 24 hours you should be 2 day banned. I also think leaves need to absorb more of the cumulative elo loss of the team.

IMO everyone on the team with the leaver should lose half of the elo they were going to lose and the leaver should lose their elo plus the remaining elo for everyone else.

If you already do everything I said then keep plugging away, you will get out of elo hell. If you want you can add me and we can play a couple of games. I'll duo queue with you after a few normals to make sure you're not bad

Kavrae

05-04-2012

Be careful with the leaver penalties. While I agree 100% with the repeated leaver penalties, be careful about the occasional offense. While not ranked, I've had two oddball matches where my internet connection dropped for no reason for an hour. Should I be heavily penalized for this when the other 99% of my games I finish? It's a tricky subject to fix.

Zolaro

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmute View Post
A little story,

it goes down some but man there are still outrageous amounts of trolls and leavers i had just recently gotten to the 1600 bracket and then lost 140 elo to a few leavers and a bundle of trolls now i keep losing to more trolls im acaully at this point better off not play so i can keep my elo thats how many trolls there are...