Ask Cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Morgana

05-02-2012

Hello, miss du Couteau. A pleasure to see you here, as always.

I'm thinking of naming a new dish after you. What would you like it to be called? It's my first, experimental lollipop.

Ask the Herald

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
(No offense, but your character seems just a little too OP, given the other immunities and what-nots I've seen in other threads. Not saying you should change it, but having visible weaknesses is a key part of making a memorable character)

Sigmund,

Oh, that's no fun. You're almost as bad as everyone who tries to run away once they see my lower half. But at least I won't add you to my personal statue gallery. I don't want a gremlin, though. Who do you think I am? Viktor? Heimerdinger? Rumble? And I know I can cause the most pain. How many other mages can defeat Vayne or Graves alone in a sustained fight?

-The Serpent's Embrace
I can single-handedly defeat most other champions with enough preparation. With maximum (as permitted by the League) output from my Gravity Field, with which I can render any who cross over immobile in its radius, then a subsequent use of my Death Ray, which can pierce through most materials as a hot knife through butter, and finally, when they are dangerously low in vitality, my Power Transfer will drain little is left and return that energy back to me as a defense.

However, only Summoners of the highest caliber find this success, and only when they extend my "Ability Power" to superior levels. Your petrification is only a minor nuisance, at best.

Bright Oblivion

05-02-2012

Quote:
(No offense, but your character seems just a little too OP, given the other immunities and what-nots I've seen in other threads. Not saying you should change it, but having visible weaknesses is a key part of making a memorable character)

Sigmund,

Oh, that's no fun. You're almost as bad as everyone who tries to run away once they see my lower half. But at least I won't add you to my personal statue gallery. I don't want a gremlin, though. Who do you think I am? Viktor? Heimerdinger? Rumble? And I know I can cause the most pain. How many other mages can defeat Vayne or Graves alone in a sustained fight?

-The Serpent's Embrace
((After writing out and deleting several relatively long-winded responses, I'll just say "Duly noted" and be on my way. And no offense taken, though I would advise against using that phrase. It has a tendency to immediately make people defensive (which is exactly where you don't want them to go), and is starting to become offensive in its own right.))

Cassiopeia,

You have made me curious. About how potent are your venoms? Do you spend a great deal of time analyzing how your venoms affect others? Does the Institute keep a supply of anti-venom in stock, just in case? Also, thoughts on regular snakes?

-Sigmund Ulfricsson

PS: Thank you for not adding me to your gallery. I'd have to say that being turned to stone would not be the best part of my day. Admittedly, I'd probably not care any more, but still...

AskPantheon

05-03-2012

Cassiopeia,

You should calm down when I go onto the fields in my "Perseus skin". It is not as if I killed two of your sisters in a rather clever way by using the reflection from my shield to...Perhaps I should stop now.

Pantheon, the Artisan of War

ColossusCrusher

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
Cassiopeia, I am pleased to be able to speak to you in a more civil environmental, outside of such violence that takes place on the Fields of Justice. My question is a simple one, and I will attempt to keep it brief and civil as possible as I understand that you do not enjoy speaking about it; so please do not feel you need to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable.

Have you made any progress in finding a cure for your curse? I know that if you had the cure now that you would be human again, but have you made any recent strides? I am sure those highly magically attune may give you some direction on where to go with this, such as Ryze being able to study in detail the magic that affects your body, or perhaps Soraka if you can ask her; indeed I know you and her are normally not on good terms, but she is always so generous to others regardless of their affiliations.

If there is a way to assist, I would be happy to do so, but I know if you needed my help you would have asked already. Never the less I leave the offer out there.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix
(Sorry I skipped you)

*eye twitch, head shake, sigh*

No, Anivia, there has been no progress made towards discovering a cure. I never met that nobleman from Freljord again after my transformation - I believe that he was able to detect that I betrayed him, and is now staying in those frozen lands. Perhaps if I found him and motivated him he could restore me, but it would most likely be in vain. Unfortunately I would never let a potential rival examine me, as that could give them an edge against me in combat - not that Ryze's short-ranged spells could take advantage of one, but the principle remains. I do, however, thank you for your offer. If I ever do find that nobleman, perhaps we can venture to Freljord together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kôg Maw View Post
hello!

Is me! Kog'maw!

Edit: oh no! is not queshun!
Aww, you're so cute, Koggles. Can I pinch your cheeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
Hello, miss du Couteau. A pleasure to see you here, as always.

I'm thinking of naming a new dish after you. What would you like it to be called? It's my first, experimental lollipop.
A lollipop? I would have thought that the Iron Ambassador would be more suited for such an item, but if you must name one after me, would Poison Pop work? My poisons are safe enough to use as ingredients - so long as you never, ever, ever use more than one drop per batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
I can single-handedly defeat most other champions with enough preparation. With maximum (as permitted by the League) output from my Gravity Field, with which I can render any who cross over immobile in its radius, then a subsequent use of my Death Ray, which can pierce through most materials as a hot knife through butter, and finally, when they are dangerously low in vitality, my Power Transfer will drain little is left and return that energy back to me as a defense.

However, only Summoners of the highest caliber find this success, and only when they extend my "Ability Power" to superior levels. Your petrification is only a minor nuisance, at best.
Is this a question or a provocation? I have been on the receiving end of your techmaturgy, yes, but you have been the recipient of my poisons as well. You know as well as I do that my petrification is a means to an end, the end being my poisoning you and then tearing you in half with my Twin Fangs. We both are, however, in that club of champions who grimace when an inexperienced summoner utilize us. You have seen my dance, have you not? Is it not beautiful to behold?

Ta, Vikky, talk to you later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
((After writing out and deleting several relatively long-winded responses, I'll just say "Duly noted" and be on my way. And no offense taken, though I would advise against using that phrase. It has a tendency to immediately make people defensive (which is exactly where you don't want them to go), and is starting to become offensive in its own right.))

Cassiopeia,

You have made me curious. About how potent are your venoms? Do you spend a great deal of time analyzing how your venoms affect others? Does the Institute keep a supply of anti-venom in stock, just in case? Also, thoughts on regular snakes?

-Sigmund Ulfricsson

PS: Thank you for not adding me to your gallery. I'd have to say that being turned to stone would not be the best part of my day. Admittedly, I'd probably not care any more, but still...
(Of course, of course. Thanks for being understanding)

Sigmund,

Well, I recently spoke with Blitzcrank, and apparently my venom is corrosive enough to damage his body, opening it up for my assaults. Since even Malphite and Skarner are affected by my poisons, I would have to say that they are extremely potent. They are delayed poisons, however, which gives us enough time to find Soraka, Sona or Taric in the event of any unfortunate accidents. Regular snakes mean nothing to me. They make good pets and are nice mascots, but I don't totemize or worship animals like that primitive Udyr, for instance.

Well, if you ever want to be a part of it, you only need to let me know. Or infuriate me. It comes out to about the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskPantheon View Post
Cassiopeia,

You should calm down when I go onto the fields in my "Perseus skin". It is not as if I killed two of your sisters in a rather clever way by using the reflection from my shield to...Perhaps I should stop now.

That would be...wise. Of course, it's not like I need my stone gaze to kill you - your Aegis means nothing to me. Might I refer you to Gangplank if you want to defeat someone? Besides, I think you have me confused with another such as me - Katarina is still alive, after all. Or do you speak of those two others like me that I discovered? You killed them? On the one hand I should thank you for removing their threat, but on the other, well, they were kindred to me of a sort. Don't worry - the next time you jump into the air I'll prepare a nice pool of poisons for you to land in. *winks*

-The Serpent's Embrace

Iron Ambássador

05-03-2012

Quote:
A lollipop? I would have thought that the Iron Ambassador would be more suited for such an item, but if you must name one after me, would Poison Pop work? My poisons are safe enough to use as ingredients - so long as you never, ever, ever use more than one drop per batch
Even though one of the outlooks the summoners give me upon the fields does include turning Whomper into a lollipop, does not mean that I would be a good mascot for one Miss Du Couteau.

And to ask you a question... how do you feel about the constant strain between Demacia and Noxus?

-Poppy

ColossusCrusher

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
Even though one of the outlooks the summoners give me upon the fields does include turning Whomper into a lollipop, does not mean that I would be a good mascot for one Miss Du Couteau.

And to ask you a question... how do you feel about the constant strain between Demacia and Noxus?

-Poppy
The mascot would be for Morgana, not for myself. But that is irrelevant.

As to your question, well, tension is just part of the Great Game, is it not? You are a negotiator as I am, although your brand of it is slightly less subtle than mine. The recent outbreak of war in Kalamanda was regrettable, as it signified a breakdown in The Game. It is a conflict of diplomacy, not violence. One where a single word can change everything. As long as we can ensure that large-scale, open warfare does not erupt - a new set of Rune Wars would be disastrous for all of Valoran - we can continue to play our coy game of words. This "Cold War", if you would use such a phrase, is much more suited to my interests. Not many can appreciate the diplomatic subtleties involved in such a balancing act, but to those that do, it is exhilarating.

-The Serpent's Embrace

AskPantheon

05-03-2012

Quote:
That would be...wise. Of course, it's not like I need my stone gaze to kill you - your Aegis means nothing to me. Might I refer you to Gangplank if you want to defeat someone? Besides, I think you have me confused with another such as me - Katarina is still alive, after all. Or do you speak of those two others like me that I discovered? You killed them? On the one hand I should thank you for removing their threat, but on the other, well, they were kindred to me of a sort. Don't worry - the next time you jump into the air I'll prepare a nice pool of poisons for you to land in. *winks*

-The Serpent's Embrace
If anything, you should have considered me doing them a favor. Death is almost a promotion for you Noxians, and yes, they looked exactly like you. I was very glad that I had recently cleaned my shield that day, or otherwise I might have been a little stiff. As for your puddles of poisons, you must try much harder if you want me to actually be in pain. All they do is tingle.

ColossusCrusher

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskPantheon View Post
If anything, you should have considered me doing them a favor. Death is almost a promotion for you Noxians, and yes, they looked exactly like you. I was very glad that I had recently cleaned my shield that day, or otherwise I might have been a little stiff. As for your puddles of poisons, you must try much harder if you want me to actually be in pain. All they do is tingle.

What's the matter? Don't you find me beautiful? I would expect you of all people to show some respect to a strong opponent, but I suppose it's just a little too much to ask for from a man who fights in underwear. And dearie, you know as well as I do that the poisons are just there to prepare you for my Twin Fangs. And those do not just tingle.

-The Serpent's Embrace

AskPantheon

05-03-2012

Quote:
What's the matter? Don't you find me beautiful? I would expect you of all people to show some respect to a strong opponent, but I suppose it's just a little too much to ask for from a man who fights in underwear. And dearie, you know as well as I do that the poisons are just there to prepare you for my Twin Fangs. And those do not just tingle.

-The Serpent's Embrace
Considering I do not have something for snakes and that you remind me of Morgana, no. I respect all my opponents, except for the ones that make me fall over laughing, not to mention my opinion on mages. You are right when you say that your twin fangs do not tingle, they simply sting a little. Also, for the record, if I wear less it is easier to move.