Fire and Ice Bundles Available Now

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeeksNaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Champion Herald

05-02-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners!

If you’re one of those extreme weather types, these new bundles can help you keep storms brewing all year round. For those who want to stay cool with summer approaching, you’ll be pleased to know you can keep things in deep freeze with Freljord Rammus, Glacial Olaf and Frozen Terror Nocturne. Of course, once when you’re ready to come in out of the cold, there’s no better crowd to help you warm up than Firefang Warwick, Obsidian Malphite and Molten Rammus.

Here’s what you’ll find in these hot and cool deals.

• Put your enemies on ice by picking up Freljord Rammus, Glacial Olaf and Frozen Terror Nocturne for 1,713 RP in the Permafrost Bundle.

• Turn up the heat by picking up Firefang Warwick, Obsidian Malphite and Molten Rammus for 2,267 RP in the Firestorm Bundle.

Naturally, these deals will thaw out on Tuesday, the 8th of May, so don’t miss this opportunity to save a little cold, hard cash.

Over the course of the next several weeks we’ll be offering a series of experimental bundles in an effort to bring you more value for your RP. These deals will be in addition to your regularly scheduled sales, and will offer deals on groups of champions and skins of different themes and sizes. We want to hear your constructive feedback on these bundles and learn how we can make them better as we go, so be sure to let us know in the comment thread how we can improve.

Geonde

05-02-2012

Well, these are better than the last bundles.

I like the themes for the bundles that are coming out.

Digitalon

05-02-2012

So does this mean that Obsidian Malphite wont be going on actual sale any time soon?

Abyssal Machine

05-02-2012

Every downvote brings me one step closer to the singularity.

BulkyRobo

05-02-2012

Love the skins and the theme behind the bundles - they're just so expensive.

---
EDIT:

Since it seems I've gotten a good bit of attention in so little time, I'll put in a bit of constructive criticism about the bundle system so maybe Riot will see...

Don't be mistaken, Riot... these are skins that people want (Obsidian Malphite is a good grab for people who've kept up with Coreporeal's Blacklist). However, some people either A) want to buy just one skin out of the bundle or B) can't buy the bundle at the optimal price because they own at least one of the skins.

Also, the price reduction per sale isn't winning many people over:

PERMAFROST
RP Saved: 302
Percent Reduction ~15.0%

FIRESTORM
RP Saved: 658
Percent Reduction ~22.5%

IMO, for bundles like these, I'd recommend at least a 30% reduction. For relatively mild sales, bundles tend to fall flat.

One more thought: the larger bundles are, the harder they are to sell (for aforementioned reasons). I think two to three skins is a golden size for a bundle and hopefully we won't see clusters much larger than that.

That's all I have to say for now. Thanks for reading, and for those at Riot - this purely constructive criticism and I mean no wrong towards LoL as a whole. Keep up the good work, because I know a lot of effort is going in to thinking of special sales/events like these.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Man... One day I'll have an elemental skin.

Well, I guess I can't complain at the moment. Wakka wakka!

Kalimar

05-02-2012

Why not include a sale price on each skin or an additional sale for the whole bundle? I already own the rammus skin, but i would love to have the WW and Malph skins...

Merluza00

05-02-2012

I'd like to get Noc and Olaf ones but I already own that Rammus.
c-c-c-c-combo breaker for me

Yashimasta

05-02-2012

Ok

Krimson62

05-02-2012

no burning maokai or frozen janna?

1234511 ... 30