Recall sound bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basil Ali

05-02-2012

I've noticed during the game, when I recall and I decide to leave the recall, you can still hear the sound track of the recall finish.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

05-02-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Basil Ali,

I can't seem to repro this on live, are there any steps you can give us to make this happen? Thanks for the feedback!

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

I actually did this last night as well. It might be a timing thing. I remember it doing it when the cast was almost complete or at least halfway. If you look at my last 10 played it was one of those champions. Sorry I don't remember which one specifically. Also look soon as I play alot.

penguinoid

05-02-2012

Yeah, I have this glitch happen to me all the time. And if it happens to an enemy, you can see the recall animation still going on from where they were.

Well, okay, all the time isn't fair. This has been happening to me every game since the last patch.

asl pls thx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Can confirm that this has happened to me as well. Can't provide any reproduction assistance, simply occurs while stepping out of the recall ability.

Technical specs that may help -

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Xonar D1 7.1 channel sound card

Sennheiser 280 PRO headphones

Icy Whiite

05-02-2012

I had this happen to me last night as well. I was playing jax on my second account and I stepped out of a recall. The odd thing was I kept hearing the recall going off later in the game. It wasnt like I stepped out and the sound kept going. It was like I walked out then ran through the jungle started killing red and then the sound would play again. This kept happening to me throughout that same game. After that first time it seemed to just randomly play the recall sounds at different times.

ExpertSockThrow

05-02-2012

Noticed this when I was playing Lux in a Co-Op game last night. Every time I went b, the sound seemed to lag behind the animations by a second or so. I know I had the point in the mastery that lessens your recall time by a second or two, so it might be that the sound isn't synched to the mastery benefit.

Basil Ali

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Basil Ali,

I can't seem to repro this on live, are there any steps you can give us to make this happen? Thanks for the feedback!
So I decided to recall, but i walked away to cancel the recall and I could still hear the track of the recall still playing.

Asko

05-03-2012

slightly unrelated, but i swear to god and all deities that i have been seeing fake bluepilling visual effects too. the blue pillar is visible but there is no champ in there... i think it could be related to the sound but that if the enemy cancels blue pill and you get vision on the enemy after this happened you will see the particle go off in the place enemy was recalling.
not sure but thought it could help

Cidolfus Bunansa

05-05-2012

I can reproduce this on video, and I know the reason it happens. The recall mastery causes it. If you spec into improved recall, it disjoints the audio from the actual recall. It also breaks the recall sound for the game if you decide to recall again before the sound effect finishes.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9vHkTDHUbU

So Simply enough:
1. Go to masteries, put one point into Improved Recall
2. Go into game
3. Press Recall, and then cancel it by some means.