[Guide] Janna - Babysittin' like a boss!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirun

07-21-2010

I believe I've updated all the ability changes and added champions based on how I feel they work with or against Janna in lane.

I'll probably add a section regarding Draft in the near future, since she's a very powerful counterpick to a lot of champions.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

Really insightful guide, it really changed my perception of the items I should be getting her. I used to build more AP/support aura items. I've yet to feel that I've mastered her as a support champion, and this is pushing me to try again.

I tried Guinsoo's on Janna once and it greatly increased my farming ability, what do you think of getting it early game?

1PaperTiger

07-21-2010

finally someone who understands me!

Zirun

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsychedelico View Post
Really insightful guide, it really changed my perception of the items I should be getting her. I used to build more AP/support aura items. I've yet to feel that I've mastered her as a support champion, and this is pushing me to try again.

I tried Guinsoo's on Janna once and it greatly increased my farming ability, what do you think of getting it early game?
Well, the problem I have with something like Guinsoo's is that the gold you spend on it 1) will take a long time to get if you're giving most or all of the creep kills in your lane to your partner 2) doesn't provide any survivability, CDR, or mana/mana regen, and 3) most importantly it will do almost nothing for you in team fights. You're going to get very little use out of the damage and attack speed outside of pushing towers and farming minions, two things which aren't exactly pivotal to an average game and this playstyle.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

Makes sense. Thanks!

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

Can I have a Janna showdown with you

Zirun

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxnyxnyx View Post
Can I have a Janna showdown with you
I think that would be pretty boring, don't you? :P

Groutagg

Web Developer

08-11-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Greetings Zirun,

Great guide IMO. I've been practicing my Janna game using it and have been having decent results for someone with no real support experience. I've played a ton of Morgana but, before the recent patches, always as a tank and now after the patches more of a beefy caster than a real support champ. I still have to work on being less.. in the thick of things.. since I'm so used to playing Garen but it's gettign better with time.

Having said all of that.. I just looked at your profile and I see you seem to mostly be stacking Doran's Ring now in your recent Janna games. Do you care to explain the reasoning behind why you've made that switch and why it's so effective?

Thanks in advance for any insight

JD "Groutagg" Smith

Gank That Skank

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groutagg View Post
Greetings Zirun,

Great guide IMO. I've been practicing my Janna game using it and have been having decent results for someone with no real support experience. I've played a ton of Morgana but, before the recent patches, always as a tank and now after the patches more of a beefy caster than a real support champ. I still have to work on being less.. in the thick of things.. since I'm so used to playing Garen but it's gettign better with time.

Having said all of that.. I just looked at your profile and I see you seem to mostly be stacking Doran's Ring now in your recent Janna games. Do you care to explain the reasoning behind why you've made that switch and why it's so effective?

Thanks in advance for any insight

JD "Groutagg" Smith
Good question, I saw that as well. Bump!

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-12-2010

doran's ring gives HP and AP and mana regen. having 2 gives you a decent amount of mana regen, though i'm not sure why more than 2 would be needed