Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

05-01-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiznazTM View Post
Pretty solid, but the Chat doesnt work (for me)

Tried changing the hotkey and everything I can't toggle the chat.
Did you click the eyeball in the lower left and enable the Chat option? The chat window is currently disabled by default in spectator mode.

Root and Shaw

05-01-2012

Let us spectate games from just knowing a players name. I want to be able spectate players like chaox/SV but I really would like to do it from the client itself where I have more information available from the current game in progress.

Also, let us spectate the games our friends is watching too.

kiimz skywalker

05-01-2012

please let us talk with spectators <3 itll be awesome, spectators chat ftw

xMoko019

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku View Post
Unfortunately, when I loaded spectate mode, it decided not to be centered...

:'(
Happened to me as well, just press Alt + Enter to fix it.

hi i mid ez

05-01-2012

Not sure if this has been addressed yet but I'm sure it has:

What prevents me from simply calling my friend up on the phone as I'm spectating and telling him ALL details about his match? I understand this would be why Riot chose to exclude chatting in game while spectating but c'mon, even with Skype & Vent this is ghosting on CounterStrike all over again. The worst part is this couldn't even be addressed 'cause how can you TRULY know if someone is ghosting or not? Some plays could just be good awareness, others pure luck.

My suggestion is to make it so when spectating your friend you can ONLY see what their team sees - and enable chatting with friends while spectating. I'd like to say that people would have the decency to leave good ol' competition well enough alone, but c'mon now we all know that isn't the case.

Thoughts? Comments?

InVideo

05-01-2012

It would be nice to know if friends joined your game to spectate. Or maybe a number at the top right corner saying how many people are currently spectating your game.

FusionCobra

05-01-2012

I think a function that lets us spectate a game that our friend is spectating would be nice as well. Been listening to my friend on vent talk about how epic the game he was spectating and I was jealous.

Otherwise I am impressed with the directive camera. /props

Root and Shaw

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIIows View Post

What prevents me from simply calling my friend up on the phone as I'm spectating and telling him ALL details about his match? I understand this would be why Riot chose to exclude chatting in game while spectating but c'mon, even with Skype & Vent this is ghosting on CounterStrike all over again. The worst part is this couldn't even be addressed 'cause how can you TRULY know if someone is ghosting or not? Some plays could just be good awareness, others pure luck.

My suggestion is to make it so when spectating your friend you can ONLY see what their team sees - and enable chatting with friends while spectating. I'd like to say that people would have the decency to leave good ol' competition well enough alone, but c'mon now we all know that isn't the case.

Thoughts? Comments?
no just bump the delay to 5+ minutes. This isn't an issue on DotA/HoN..

Metricos

05-01-2012

Quote:

Thoughts? Comments?
Wow. There's definitely a 3 minute delay and about sixty threads about this very subject.

-_-

Bladeviper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:

Thoughts? Comments?
because of the delay, the info you give them will be 3 min old and therefor useless