Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Not really a bug, but directed camera loved following Lee Sin jungle in the one game I watched. Even if there was a skirmish in top lane or gank getting ready to happen in bot, directed camera would be happily watching Lee Sin run into his own Wraith camp and beat them up.

Do you want it

05-01-2012

sry I m Chinese,I like this game,ang I find a big bug.Everyone can use the tool to modify the Masterpage.and everyone have 30ad or 30ap in game beginning.I have picture,but i dont know how to upload.and i dont know how to post....so sry

Moltra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Two bugs I have consistently noticed:

1) When a game I am spectating fully loads and I am now viewing the game, my cursor is restricted to the bottom right quadrant of my screen and I cannot move it outside of that box. This problem is solved by alt+tabbing out and back in.

2) When a game I have been spectating finishes, my CPU kicks up to around 50% when it is normally around 5% to 10% when just the League client is open (at Home screen). This issue occurs at least half the time. I solve the problem by restarting my computer. Restarting the client does not seem to fix the issue.

Mithorium

05-01-2012

One pretty big bug I found, if you run borderless mode and start spectator mode and then alt-tab out while its loading, the game will load with the top left corner of the game in the middle of your screen instead of at the correct location as seen in this screenshot:
Screenshot

there is no way to fix this other than exiting and restarting

Larrik Jaerico

05-01-2012

I joined a featured game, and was watching the jungler, but the jungle creeps were invisible the first time the jungler fought them. It was weird.

One time, one of the creeps was transparent as if he was stealthed.

SemiDeLion

05-01-2012

Okay what about a delay in spectate mode? Is it still 3 minutes?

Guerthal

05-01-2012

3 things that don't work

As a spectator I can:
-see both teams failed surrender votes and tell my friends in the game, even if it's 3 minutes late it's still relevant information.
-call out every shrooms that Teemo puts down, even if it's 3 minutes late, it might prevent someone from dying on a shrooms after fleeing from a close fight.
-give my friends in game the timer on a creep like Baron or Dragon if the enemy team got it.

I suppose making the delay 5 minutes would work to counter those flaws but I have a feeling there is a reason why you guys at Riot decided to stick with the 3 minutes mark. Is there? Could you reply to this thread/question please?

Other than that, spectator mode is AWESOME!!!

Beichan

05-01-2012

Not bugs but feedback - it would be nice for it to be clearer who got dragon, I can't tell if a steal was successful or not as all I see is the gold amount displayed - making the text for the gold purple or blue might help. I'd really like to be able to disable pings/ping sounds for spectator mode without turning off other sound effects, they are constant in the featured games I've watched so far and it's really annoying. Also, the new settings don't seem to save from game to game - I have to turn on chat and turn off fog of war each time I open a new game.

Alcsaar

05-01-2012

The game doesn't seem to be locking your cursor to your screen in spectator mode. Very annoying, I can't scroll right now because it just moves my muose to the second monitor.

Toaru Baka

05-01-2012

I can't seem to receive messages from friends if i'm inside spectator mode. But once I get out of spec mode I can see their messages. Also, I can send them from spec mode, just not receive.

looks great though!!