Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nagendra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunar Fireborn View Post
Riot Games does not suggest you run LoL on Windows 98
Thanks for your comment, however i am not running Windows 98SE or plain 98. It's Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Build 7601; SP1) with all of the fancy/superfluous graphical goodies turned off (such as Aero and windows themes etc.) You can replicate this yourself if you care to do a little research, it is available through the standard Windows 'personalize' menus...

Please in future do a little thinking before you 'shoot from the hip', as it were. For example, if you spend more than a second looking at my screenshot, surely you'd have realised that pinning icons to the taskbar (as i have many included in the shot) was, and is (to my knowledge of the modifications to 98's UI), not a feature that is available in Windows 98..

TLDR: You sir, are wrong... but thanks for your snide comment all the same...

Autisms

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra View Post
Thanks for your comment, however i am not running Windows 98SE or plain 98. It's Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Build 7601; SP1) with all of the fancy/superfluous graphical goodies turned off (such as Aero and windows themes etc.) You can replicate this yourself if you care to do a little research, it is available through the standard Windows 'personalize' menus...

Please in future do a little thinking before you 'shoot from the hip', as it were. For example, if you spend more than a second looking at my screenshot, surely you'd have realised that pinning icons to the taskbar (as i have many included in the shot) was, and is (to my knowledge of the modifications to 98's UI), not a feature that is available in Windows 98..

TLDR: You sir, are wrong... but thanks for your snide comment all the same...
I'm getting the exact same things and I'm getting so mad...

Nagendra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hamboigah View Post
I'm getting the exact same things and I'm getting so mad...
Only possible thing i can think of that appears to have temporarily fixed my issue was i hit ESC and opened some menus before i rage quit the game that failed to load properly... now they all appear to be fine... .............try that... i guess? lol... good luck mate

Autisms

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra View Post
Only possible thing i can think of that appears to have temporarily fixed my issue was i hit ESC and opened some menus before i rage quit the game that failed to load properly... now they all appear to be fine... .............try that... i guess? lol... good luck mate
*Pressing watch now violently*

Sudetenland

05-01-2012

my mouse is limited to the bottom right corner of the screen. when i try to go up or to the left its like i hit the side of the map and it scrolls. i cant use most of the controls that arent hotkeys

boni

05-01-2012

Bug: The last 3 players in the game on purple/red side aren't displayed correctly in the UI.
One summoner spell is missing, ult is displayed instead, and instead of the ult the E-Spell is displayed. Same goes for info in the bottom-left. (Cooldowns are displayed correctly though, I think)
For those 3 the champion picture in the scoreboard also is missing.

Edit: Just tried TT, it's only the 3rd player on purple team there. Looks like it always is the 3rd, 4th and 5th player on purple team.

UpDownLeftRightAB

05-01-2012

The spectator button is grayed out if I right click on a friends name. Is it a bug or is he in a game that doesn't allow for spectators?

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

05-01-2012

Directed camera is missing kills. Not sure what more info can I provide here.

So, I am watching Edwing vs AIIS from featured games now.
At 13 minutes into the game there has just been a 4v4 teamfight bot, where almost noone had died and everyone was at low hp and backing.
Directed camera shifts to top where GP is farming, and Wukong sits in the river bush, doing nothing.
I watch them for some time, and then a kill callout appears - it turns out that purple team Ashe didn't back, and continued farming, so blue Kat came and killed her with Shunpo-Ignite.

IMO a kill is more interesting than.. nothing, right?

I mean, in pathc preview Phreak said that, because we have 3 minute delay, directed camera can look ahead and not miss a single kill. And it seems like it's not working this way.

On a side note, it would be nice if we could view champion skill ranges.

UPD: If that is of any help, I've found the .log of the game, but I cannot upload it here, as it is very big - 4MB. However it mostly consist of

Quote:
000102.010| 825812.0968kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Assert Description: General hard assert occurred, game may crash!
000102.010| 825812.0968kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| SkinName <Blue_Minion_Wizard>(Minion_T100L2S00N0027) trying to cast spell in slot <0> with NULL spell data000102.010| 825812.0968kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| SkinName <Blue_Minion_Wizard> trying to cast spell in slot <0> with NULL spell data000102.010| 825812.0968kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: C:\jenkins\workspace\New-Code-CI-LIVE\code\HeroWars_clientServer\SourcesClient\Obje ctsCode\AI_Objects\obj_AI_Base_Client.cpp
Line: 3805

Function: obj_AI_Base::GetBasicAttack
Expression: mPImpl->basicAttacks.size() > 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
So, I'm uploading a modified version with only one instance of the error

I So Pwned You

05-01-2012

Not really a problem with spectator mode itself, but sometimes in the featured games list the thumbnails don't appear for characters. Great job on the overall quality of spectator mode btw, it is brilliant

xEvolutions

05-01-2012

What is the port for spectator mode as I cannot spectate any games due to it being blocked by the firewall apparently (using University internet/proxy at my accommodation)?