Dear Riot. Why You Dislike Soraka?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 49
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheeto101

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttsukasa View Post
I take it you didn't actively play her ap mid (the reason she's being nerfed).

Ap mid you had to use starcall as harass which also pushes minions, it was great for harassing but when minions are pushed, you need to be near them for exp. Soraka lacks all types of escapes and there forth being on enemy side of river made you EASY prey for any good jungler as well as a good burst attack mid ap champion.

but it was fun. and it wasn't useless, so we did it some. And then Riot nerfed it some
Starcall pushed lanes in like, 3 or 4 casts. All you had to do is ward one side of the lane, play to that side and push lane all day long. You didn't even need to level heal if you didn't want to because it was so easy to just push all day and most opposing AP's couldn't do anything about it because you could just silence and walk away.

Jungle shows up? No problem. Silence and walk away. If they somehow managed to get close to you, no problem, your heal is also providing you with a substantial armor buff.

Soraka was hardly a "high risk" mid lane. Mid lane is short enough that Soraka could just heal herself and walk out of most ganks.

Cheeto101

05-01-2012

And the best soraka in the game admits she is totally broken and lame fyi. So nerfs were well deserved.

ALtheeGreat

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttsukasa View Post
Soraka! Dont just stand there DO SOMETHING!!!

soraka: My starcall doesn't do much of anything!

DO SOMETHING!!!
Soraka: My heal is still on cd, 10 more seconds to go!

DO SOMETHING!!!
Soraka: My silence only last 1.5 sec... need mana???
DO SOMETHING!!!!
*ULTS*!!!!
GJ SORAKA, now DO SOMETHING AGAIN!!!

Soraka: I CANT, Ult has a long CD!!! *throws banana and places ward*

Soraka why are you here?

Soraka: Riot wants me to stand in bush and heal the ad carry every 15ish seconds...

Sounds boring

Soraka: It's a day job.
Lol

Round Face

05-01-2012

With this patch, AP mid Soraka will probably be nonviable. 20 extra mana at rank 5 on Starcall will translate into an empty mana bar during laning.

Mana was already pretty tight unless you had the blue buff. This nerf will push it beyond what the current blue can sustain.

The nerf to her Astral Blessing is pretty understandable, because it had too much armor. The duration nerf on Starcall was also warranted.

I Love Maddison

05-01-2012

Next patch: Soraka cannot heal herself.

Cheeto101

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvre Fx View Post
Next patch: Soraka cannot heal herself.
Or infuse will cost more mana then it gives

Postal Miku

05-01-2012

Soraka, the only champion in the game who benefits from doing NO ENEMY INTERACTION AT ALL

all while being thee best support with the best win/loss ratio
to be honest, she got off pretty easy

I Love Maddison

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto101 View Post
Or infuse will cost more mana then it gives

...you might be onto something...RIOT GIVE THIS MAN A JOB !

Predacon

05-01-2012

I wish there was a badass Cleric to use, I want to play support, but all the supports I don't like.

Soraka is freaky, Janna is bland, Taric is FABULOUS and not a great a healer, and Lulu doesn't heal, none of them fit my style.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursalgodon View Post
Support Soraka is almost entirely unaffected by the Starcall nerfs.

The target was AP Soraka mid.
... Which wasn't a problem at all.

It's one of those slap-on-the-wrist nerfs trying to see if they can make non-devoted Soraka players drop her and move to the next support.

In actuality, all it does is make support Soraka want to cast starcall even less, if that's even possible.

The cycle of nerfing supports continues, they will be nerfed, then.. well, another one will get nerfed. *nasus voice*

12345612 ... 49