Is jungling generally viable in blind pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Togekiss24

04-29-2012

I'm sure everyone knows that SR blind pick is such an unstable meta. Barely anyone seems to give a **** about team composition and finding anyone who fills the role of a jungler is actually not that common as with ranked or normal draft pick. Recently getting into jungling, I know that you have the advantage of map control and easy farm without dealing with the pains of laning so much, but what about the poor fool who solos top against 2 champs with wicked sustain? I just feel that it creates a disadvantage for other teammates as they tend to get easily pushed back and in worse scenarios, just die repeatedly due to the disadvantage. So, do you think it's worth it at all to jungle in blind pick? Please give detailed explanations.

ShadowCobra

04-30-2012

I find that most people i play with who solo top when I jungle do fairly well, partly cause i give them most of my ganking love. I generally get good luck with my teams having a decent team comp, but maybe thats because i'm willing to pick up the role that no ones to fill at the time. My random hidden elo for the match making can't be too good since i'm only at 650+ wins with 50 wins over my losses. Maybe i'm lucky I don't know lol

I say try to jungle if your team looks good in champ select. If not then just lane but try to get your teammates to grab blue/red at the beginning as a team that way if the enemy has a jungler they don't get your buffs plus it will help you immensely.

Lizto

04-30-2012

I say, always jungle, and if top seems to be having issues, join him up top, otherwise, you can just camp the lane and get alot of kills.

tiburon5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

good tip if you're jungling in a solo queue: if someone starts raging at you, just ignore them. that will happen almost every time that you jungle and one of the lanes starts losing.

more on topic: unless the person on top is getting hard zoned or just dies too much, they should begin to gain significant advantages in levels against the two by about level 4 (they should be level 4 against 2 level 3s). at this point a gank is a viable option (i don't reccommend doing it before this as the damage they get from a gank + the bit of exp you steal during it could end up putting them at a disadvantage). they should also hit level 6 when their opponents are levels 4 or 5. this is PRIME TIME for a gank if you're also level 6. two ultimates vs. no ultimates usually goes better for the two with ults haha.
the main problem with jungling in solo queue is that you rely so much on having someone top who can handle a 2v1 lane. usually if my team has a jungle, ill solo top as garen so that i can play a very passive lane without having to go out of exp range and then i just never push the creeps and only last hit under the tower. in a top lane against 2 your top pick NEEDS to have built in sustain (nasus, trundle, and garen are the best ones for a passive lane imo), otherwise they'll just be harassed out within a minute most games.

Jamidundee

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon5 View Post
good tip if you're jungling in a solo queue: if someone starts raging at you, just ignore them. that will happen almost every time that you jungle and one of the lanes starts losing.

So true, hard to gank a lane when our mid pushes to their tower so at best I can towerdive and get a kill to offset my death. Yes, that is why i am not ganking your lane, and you are getting ganked yourself.

Proletaria

04-30-2012

I like to jungle in blind pick, but you can expect to prop up top a lot. If you are fortunate enough to get a top laner who can survive under his or her tower then it's basically a license to get a fat xp and gold lead while clearing both jungles and ganking the over-pushed enemies mercilessly.

Nicodemous

04-30-2012

no detailed answer here, but the short version... Junglers can and do work very well in blinds and they are about (but not the norm, for sure). But the thing is, a person wanting to jungle should check during champ select to see if anyone is comfortable solo top (most of us know in blinds that this means a 2v1 match). Go from there... Also, one may say they are fine with it but later find that the two they are up against are simply too much for them to take alone, you should then realize that your team can't afford you as a jungler and start laning at that point

Xetal

04-30-2012

In the SR blind picks I play, I would say that 80-90% of the time we have a jungler on both teams.

Togekiss24

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
In the SR blind picks I play, I would say that 80-90% of the time we have a jungler on both teams.
Eh, I guess it's not in my case.

These are all very good suggestions, and after playing as a jungling poppy recently in a blind pick match, I've found that even while the solo top was kind of struggling (he was facing a Twitch and an Olaf), I had the most map control in the game. Jungling somewhat properly (it's still a thing I'm practicing), I bought wards and invaded their buff camps numerous times unchecked, and I think it may have contributed to the reason my team eventually won the game (other than a fed Ryze in mid). Not to mention I would pretty much cover for anyone who withdrew/died in a lane so that they'd maintain lane control. I think the biggest advantage you have as a jungler is that it's difficult for the team to predict where you will be.

Larson McMurphy

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
Same here. This whole thread seems pointless.