"Elo Hell" - A Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FF Leviathan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-29-2012

don't see why cait isn't on the AD list...and MF is. MF isn't easy to use. Not a bad bit of info for people tho

x Christy x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJDubya View Post
don't see why cait isn't on the AD list...and MF is. MF isn't easy to use. Not a bad bit of info for people tho
Well I wasn't saying there are only 3 viable AD Carries, I was just listing the ones I recommend but of course I want people to play what they are best at. Keep in mind this is all situational and not everything is 100% or something you ALWAYS have to follow.

Devl

04-29-2012

good guide, will help a lot of people out who are startng ranked

MolesterStallone

04-30-2012

Great guide, and that's coming from a 1600 player. Well done.

aphronyaa

04-30-2012

Almost lost all credibility when you essentially forced the viewer to use certain summoner spells.
Almost.

Lucky for you, this is a sensible post with relevant info, especially the section forcing mid-game. That is something many do not know about.

Another thing, however. You mention Graves or MF over Ezreal. (You didn't list any other - that's fine)
MF will win lane, but unless you are godly with positioning and your team can actually peel (unlikely) your teamfighting will be much less effective if the enemy has a: Tristana, Ezreal, Cait.
This is because all of them have instant/abilities to reposition without the need for their team to be peeling for them much, hence why so many platinums now used Ezreal to climb ELO when AD Carrying.
you should put corki over MF. he doesn't force a lane to win as hard, but he can win all matchups and is a bit safer then Graves.

Captain UncleBen

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyowns View Post
Builds/Rune Pages:
If youre starting with less than 60 AD as an AD Carry, you are bad.
I lolled.

Argo

Recruiter

04-30-2012

Ignite is frequently used bot lane in competitive play. It shuts down the heal meta and any time there's a kill lane bot, Ignite is extremely strong. Terrible advice to say never run ignite bot lane.

Laptop

04-30-2012

I have to disagree with about Ezreal and Kayle. Kayle scales amazingly late game despite having only ten seconds of ranged damage. Team fights wont't even last that long. Ezreal offers a stronger burst than other carries provided that the person hits the skillshots. He has a spammable burst, dehaste on attack speed, blink. His kit is strong. Also ignite is a viable summoners pick if you know the other team has Soraka.

Jàke

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Ignite is frequently used bot lane in competitive play. It shuts down the heal meta and any time there's a kill lane bot, Ignite is extremely strong. Terrible advice to say never run ignite bot lane.
I think it's easy to say that if they're at the said ELO range, they aren't a high level competitive player. While ignite is good on champions such as Ezreal and Tristana because of their built in positioning mechanics, it's more ideal for those in this range who aren't exactly the most skilled to take exhaust or heal for the extra defensive summoner. I'm sure you've thought to yourself "no escapes, great" when your team's AD carry isn't running any escapes/defensive summoners.

@KSSN
Ezreal is my favorite AD carry to play, but I think I can safely say that most people don't know exactly how to use him correctly for maximum burst or efficiency in general (same goes with Kayle). As said in the guide, if the player is pretty good with the champion and is very familiar with it, then let them play. The suggested ones are just for those who are looking for some advise/help as to which to play.

I like the amount of discussion going on already in this topic, keep it up!

Laptop

04-30-2012

In reality any player with strong fundamentals should be able to play any champion with ease. Also one thing to note that is solo queue is all about getting grouped up. The team that groups up first generally will win.