Maokai

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrometheanRage

04-29-2012

12% from masteries, glacial shroud and kindlegem. 37% at that point, and I can build them both into useful items depending on the enemy team. I sometimes go over budget with masteries, but only by a few percent either way.

The way I look at it though, if I need to build differently unexpectedly, 12% is a big cushion - CDR boots and a kindlegem alone get me to 37%.

kingdo

04-29-2012

his Q>w>e>R are ALL magic dmg abilities. Get mpen boots and runes NO exceptions. EVEN if u die you do so much dmg you win team fights.

maxusmaximus

04-29-2012

or just buy tanky items and you won't die, while also killing the enemy team, if you lay ur ult down and hit people trying to cap with ur Q while using ur E to keep ppl in ur ult you can quite often 1v3 and still come out on top if tanky enough.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

04-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

i like starting top with him and then switching with whoever went bot once they've farmed up a bit.

maokai doesn't really need the extra gold boost from farming bot, and he's actually a little bit weak versus push champs until he gets to level 7 or 9. the 'start top then switch with bot' strat dances around his few downsides and plays to his strengths.

Oozra

04-30-2012

so far , i frankly prefer him top . starting with a catalyst so i can spam my skills , have some health and rush my RoA .

i have a hard time bot with him . i prolly just don t know how to work with him bot . any tips ?

urmamasllama

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oozra View Post
so far , i frankly prefer him top . starting with a catalyst so i can spam my skills , have some health and rush my RoA .

i have a hard time bot with him . i prolly just don t know how to work with him bot . any tips ?
in both cases i've stopped getting roa i know that sounds wierd but starting with a prospectors just works better for top and bot cata is fine but its better to turn it into an odyn's veil

Oozra

04-30-2012

why turn it into odyn ? RoA is a nice source of hp and ap , no ?

urmamasllama

04-30-2012

it always feel like its delaying stuff i need more because i am forced to rush it if i go bot i need to by specific resistances first and if i got top its ok but you have to start red blue crystal so that you can buy boots

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oozra View Post

Maokai, from my experience is a freeze laner... you spam saplings in the path of the minions and allow your enemy laner to push close to your base, then you use EQR to clear minions that are close to your base, and if your teammate ganks their horrendously overextended laner, you will likely kill them with your massive CC.

DJTK

04-30-2012

I'm gonna start maiming Maokai. I may buy him tonight