Honestly Guys it needs to stop.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Violet Starship

04-26-2012

Too bad none of this will matter come May 15th...

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-26-2012
1 of 13 Riot Posts

Player behavior is a very important challenge that we would like to start tackling in 2012. In fact, when I was working on my PhD, Riot approached me to specifically work on features related to player behaviors.

With Pendragon at the helm, Team Player Behavior & Justice has been hard at work and some of you may have seen some of our progress with matchmaking improvements (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1976101).

For months, Rioters on this team like Pendragon, Zileas, Yegg, StatusKwoh, davin and me have been taking notes about all the hot topic behavioral issues our players are concerned about and we have developed a solid plan for this year. However, give us a bit more time--we will be more than happy to talk about the future of player behavior soon.

LadyKäiser

04-26-2012

I don't even with the first few pages of this thread. Both sides downvoted into oblivion.

I'm gonna watch the vid when I'm not in class, but seriously the amount of people from these forums that are cool at first then hop into Vent with me and spaz that I'm female is annoying. I'm not f*cking announcing it to the world, if you wanna get into vent be prepared for anything.

I agree with a lot of people though (in fairness however I also don't really care but this is part of the problem) that the norm should not be to expect to be treated like trash by garbage people on the internet.

I've caught my friends doing it sometimes, and even myself (and ain't it a b*tch when you catch yourself doing something you hate) I get a lot of "does (friend) wanna come? I don't wanna deal with a ****** random this match." from my friends, and I've even noticed myself going "Dude, what did you expect, its the RANDOM." When the player not in our voice chat starts screwing up.

Getting treated poorly shouldn't be what we expect. But it is. And that is what OP is saying is the problem.

Edit: Holy bananas Batman, I was wondering why there was no Red Posts on a thread like this, mind ninja'd. O_o

FernandoStevens

04-26-2012

I support these endeavors.

Datavore

04-26-2012

+1 OP

If you watched the video, he mentions at the end that the gaming community used to be about accepting people, anyone, even if they don't fit in elsewhere. That's how I got started with gaming. I'm weird, but it doesn't matter online.

OP's right, this has to stop. Not just because it's wrong, not just because everyone deserves equal treatment, but because it is pure poison for the community.

ManicPhilosopher

04-26-2012

I'm going to throw the weight of my bump in here for an important cause.

embl3m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datavore View Post
+1 OP

If you watched the video, he mentions at the end that the gaming community used to be about accepting people, anyone, even if they don't fit in elsewhere. That's how I got started with gaming. I'm weird, but it doesn't matter online.

OP's right, this has to stop. Not just because it's wrong, not just because everyone deserves equal treatment, but because it is pure poison for the community.
Sir, that was before highly social online gaming was a thing. The player base didn't change as much as the entire medium did, almost all the most popular games have some online social feature to them

GuyWithSword

04-26-2012

I've had some games with really immature people in LoL, but the prevalence doesn't seem as bad as how the OP has experienced things. Maybe I've just been lucky. Eitehr way, this is a serious issue that ought to be examined and not forgotten.

ReaperFan

04-26-2012

Bump for important issue

Vana21

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
For months, Rioters on this team like Pendragon, Zileas, Yegg, StatusKwoh, davin and me have been taking notes about all the hot topic behavioral issues our players are concerned about and we have developed a solid plan for this year. However, give us a bit more time--we will be more than happy to talk about the future of player behavior soon.
Why hasnt anyone been open to comment on the issue of cheating in customs
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=vana21

When i was digging for old skin threads I saw some old threads I didnt necro from 2010 with the same issue.