2600+ games played, 90% of them on TT, ask me anything about TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarge II View Post
Viability of Swain? I find that he can viably play 2v1 bot if you're passive for the first few levels.
He is great in bot lane with or without a laning partner.

I find that if you want to easily survive bot 1v2 as a character like swain you need to play safe and maybe even alter your build a bit.

I know its strange but starting with dorans shield will do wonders on him, also so long as you CC anyone that tries to jump on you then you wont get pushed out of the lane as easily.

Swain is among the best mages for TT, despite having lower "Nuke" potential he has great survivability and great AOE damage.

Swain also happens to be among my favorite characters in the league.

Yefo

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
Now I am not saying no one can jungle in 3v3 currently, but I have never seen one of my team mates EVER choose to jungle, and actually win.

I don't know how to respond to this. >2k games and you don't understand the benefits of jungling on the current TT map? Or why every ranked game has a jungler? And you lose every time you have a jungler?

When first entering this thread, I was interested in seeing your opinion on a few things, but after reading this, I've lost all interest.

TheCrazyNutcase

04-26-2012

What is your take on the whole turtling side of things, not over till mid turret is gone? Explain your thoughts.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyNutcase View Post
What is your take on the whole turtling side of things, not over till mid turret is gone? Explain your thoughts.
Turtling is a part of any game when both teams want to win, no one wants to give an inch.

I find that if you push the first bottom tower before 18-20 minutes you will force the game into a turtle situation, and more than likely lose.

Pushing inhibs is a bad idea unless you can finish the game shortly after.

Top towers are allowed to be pushed whenever since it will allow top to roam around and gank / jungle.

You might think bottom could do the same, but all that will end up doing is putting the game in an odd "Limbo" of near constant jungle based team fights.

I always seem to have to yell at my teams not to push bot early when we are doing well, not alot of people understand the downsides.

Hope this helps answer your question to your liking.

Death Crave

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post

I don't know how to respond to this. >2k games and you don't understand the benefits of jungling on the current TT map? Or why every ranked game has a jungler? And you lose every time you have a jungler?

When first entering this thread, I was interested in seeing your opinion on a few things, but after reading this, I've lost all interest.
I understand the benefits, but that doesnt mean I have ever, nor will I ever see them.

Jungling is like an experimental drug, it has differnt effects on differnt people, not everyone deals with it the same.

I have countered almost every jungler I face, since that is true, and I have lost every game a jungler is on my team, evidence leads me to believe if I am playing jungling is bad.

It is alot more sensable to have the top player try to control top jungle while bottom lane controls mid jungle, since if you push to the tower you have spare time anyways.

You may have differnt results, but in my experience a jungler loses the game for their team, unless that team caters to the junglers pace and prettymuch babysit them. And even then that can waste alot of your laning time ending in a loss.

Xentorx

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat fool View Post
can i please have your oppinion on teemo, ap or ad which is better TT
AD, I never seen any AP teemos win or carry their teams :P

HotWafflez

04-27-2012

I'm looking for a new champion to play that would be good for 3v3s. Preferably some kind of heavy AD that's hard to take down. I was thinking of someone like Lee Sin or Renekton. Do you have any other ideas that would fit the bill?

Death Crave

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWafflez View Post
I'm looking for a new champion to play that would be good for 3v3s. Preferably some kind of heavy AD that's hard to take down. I was thinking of someone like Lee Sin or Renekton. Do you have any other ideas that would fit the bill?
I do love both Lee and Ren for differnt reasons. Lee can control a map since he can wall jump easily, while Ren is a bit on the tankier side and has a smaller learning curve to play.

Other good tanky dps for 3v3 would include Jax, as he has great CC and can wall jump,
Garen, who is tanky and scales well with AD, as well as Pantheon. While he is not a true "Bruiser" his ult lets him gank very easily, he has a CC and can put out some great damage.

While every "Bruiser" is good in 3v3 not everyone of them will fit your personal playstyle.

Hopefully this will help you to pick a champion that will suite your needs.

IceMaker

04-28-2012

How do you win if the other team camps at their base and can throw you into their death turret? It's very difficult to take down the normal turret guarding their nexus, and often teammates end up feeding. I've lost games where we should have won and had enemies turrets+nexus down, only to be aced eventually from the inability to destroy their turret despite having dragon buff/red buff and such advantages. Furthermore, it seems that the other team can farm well with the super minions at their base too.

Eg. Rammus uses his lure to make you auto-attack and flashes into the death turret, Singed uses his throw back and throws you into their death turret, etc. Especially if your team doesn't have a great tank.

Turtle Omega

04-28-2012

>Stopped thinking this is legit advice as soon as AP Teemo was promoted