Morello - This is a serious issue and you are responsible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2012
90 of 90 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadein View Post
Much respect to Morello and Riot for responding to their playerbase. A lot of game companies couldn't care less about talking to their playerbase unless it comes in the form of a customer support ticket or a lawsuit (*cough* Nexon *cough*), but Riot definitely stands out in this light. It's actually this reason that I play LoL over all other MOBA's. I know that Riot appreciates us, just as we appreciate them (or should).

The thread topic is a sensitive one and it's one I am concerned about as a fan of Eve. In the past I've shown lots of rage for it, but reading all the Riot posts about it make me realize how lucky we are that Riot even gives a **** about what we think. To all the cynical people out there that are just raging at Riot:

1) I know it's easy to be in that position and feel like you're right (trust me I used to be that idiot), but you stop becoming a victim when you start becoming the raging bully.

2) Riot has proven itself to be a very professional company, run by intelligible and caring people. Morello, Shurelia, Xypherous, and all the Red's have proven this to us by simply posting on the forums. You think you know more about the game than they do?

3) They've admitted they're mistake and given us ample reason not to release any progress information on the stealth rework. It's fine to remain skeptical, but don't kick a man when he's already on his knees.

I'd just wanted to get that off my chest. Seeing all the stupid raging trolls on threads reminded me of those sad days when I used to be one of them. Thank you Riot for dealing with us and separating yourselves from other gaming companies in that regard. It's honestly refreshing.

P.S. - Tons of appreciation. <(^ ^)>
<3

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

No stealth in PBE, am bored...

Phiboii

04-25-2012

@Morello,

What are your plans on the smurf accounts?

Is there any good news for Irelia?
Morello I hope you could answer my question

Eskim0 Brother

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiboii View Post
@Morello,

What are your plans on the smurf accounts?

Is there any good news for Irelia?
Morello I hope you could answer my question
Good news? How about better?

Better nerf Irelia

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I like Xyph's posts more than Morello's, personally.
Unfortunately you're biased.

Your own posts never come out the way you intended, and even if they do they can't encapsulate everything you have going through your mind. Other people's posts on the other hand, can spark a ton of internal ideas as well as give you insight into their thought process.

Moosin

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadein View Post
Much respect to Morello and Riot for responding to their playerbase. A lot of game companies couldn't care less about talking to their playerbase unless it comes in the form of a customer support ticket or a lawsuit (*cough* Nexon *cough*), but Riot definitely stands out in this light. It's actually this reason that I play LoL over all other MOBA's. I know that Riot appreciates us, just as we appreciate them (or should).

The thread topic is a sensitive one and it's one I am concerned about as a fan of Eve. In the past I've shown lots of rage for it, but reading all the Riot posts about it make me realize how lucky we are that Riot even gives a **** about what we think. To all the cynical people out there that are just raging at Riot:

1) I know it's easy to be in that position and feel like you're right (trust me I used to be that idiot), but you stop becoming a victim when you start becoming the raging bully.

2) Riot has proven itself to be a very professional company, run by intelligible and caring people. Morello, Shurelia, Xypherous, and all the Red's have proven this to us by simply posting on the forums. You think you know more about the game than they do?

3) They've admitted they're mistake and given us ample reason not to release any progress information on the stealth rework. It's fine to remain skeptical, but don't kick a man when he's already on his knees.

I'd just wanted to get that off my chest. Seeing all the stupid raging trolls on threads reminded me of those sad days when I used to be one of them. Thank you Riot for dealing with us and separating yourselves from other gaming companies in that regard. It's honestly refreshing.

P.S. - Tons of appreciation. <(^ ^)>
Paying customer seeking for their money's worth is an idiot?

Phourc

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I like Xyph's posts more than Morello's, personally.
Oh u...

Arckine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

First off I'd like to thank Morello for responding to all of this. It is absolutely great as a playerbase to get this kind of feedback on things, especially addressing topics that weren't part of the topic to begin with and keeping a very informative tone without going off or defensive.

I have a few questions on balance that I have wondered about.

1. Why was TF's Ult nerfed (I will admit that as much as I loved his completely global Ult is was OP and very much needed a nerf) down to such a small range that you can't use it to get from the middle of the map to either top or bott lane .... It's not to much father of an increase in space which i don't believe can be abused hardcore for nexus ninja's but allows him to exert a LOT more pressure on the side lanes forcing a different style meta used in comps against him.

2. Why champions that have suppress effects on their ult that don't do instant dmg (Malzahar and Warwick) can be completely shut out of their highest dmg skill by one item which is relatively cheap (QSS) and typically bought by a lot of ppl in high end ranked even if supress champs arent in the game. Atleast with Skarner if they QSS out you still get 1/2 the dmg applied .....maybe apply a 1/2 the dmg of the skill is done to target initially with either the other half being done at the end or through the duration of the effect? This would be harder to balance due to either ppl on Malz or WW hitting the skill and then immediately leaving for the short dmg burst that they would have to channel half of the time as it stands now. What I would love to see although I have no idea how hard it would be to code would be to put in a toggle on the effect so that if it is broken by QSS is automatically calculates 1/2 the dmg compared to what has been done so far and instantly applies it to the target; while leaving the channels otherwise changed. I think that you would see a lot more Malzahars in high elo matchup's and give a bit more incentive to use WW while not making him any more powerful in the lower elo matches.

3. Also in the PTE the cost to build WotA has been increased could you give any idea as to why this is being done as the main use of the item for casters rushing it early game is so that they can sustain the lane (aka. top laning against bruisers) and not the broken effect that it can have when aura stacked. Personally i use this on many of my casters and i play almost exclusively AP mid or AP solo top lanes. If its the double stacking that is problematic there are a few solutions (not all mine listed here) remove the aura and make it all the personal item bonuses, change the bonuses in the aura to be less beneficial but still keep all the stats on the item or make it to where the aura remains for your team but not stack with another carrier like Aegis does (atleast as far as I'm aware).

Thanks from a Happy but inquiring player
-Arckine

ST0P THE P0RTS

Recruiter

04-25-2012

gg riot

Left 4 Death

04-25-2012

idk about this but the few times i played VS eve she was **** :/

She needs a fix so is every stealth champ cuz

400gold > Stealth