Honestly Guys it needs to stop.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eruka Frog

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetfeet View Post
Act differently, still the same. We're obviousy different, but neither of us is more valuable or human than the other.
demonstrably false. that which benefits the human race can be considered good, that which is a detriment to our continued existence and prosperity can be considered bad.

humans share a united value structure of desiring to be fed, entertained, and not being harmed. that which undermines things we collectively value are easily considered as bad

it's VERY easy to see that the value of a genius philanthropist far outweighs the value of a racial hatemongering commune dweller

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Welcome to the internets.

The only place on Earth where the more people who join the topic, the lower the IQ average gets.

Futonlol

04-25-2012

Quote:
Really? Because even when people don't know I'm female I get told to suck someones ****.
Plus, like I said, sometimes people recognize my name from another game and ask, some times it just comes out.
Yes and that's the entire point. Everyone gets treated that way whether they know your gender or not. I play with plenty of female gamers and if you don't go out of your way to bring it up, it's never made into an issue. Adjust your play style, if the topic heads towards your gender ignore it. There's no reason to bring it up.

The issue here is that there's no accountability on the internet. Everyone knows that. Everyone has been guilty of doing something online that they wouldn't do in real life. That's part of the internet. I don't think it's right but there's really no legit fix to the problem. If someone harasses you mute them and report them. Making a thread like this will accomplish absolutely nothing. In fact now more people know you're a woman, and know how sensitive you are. You've probably managed to make things worse.

Quote:
I see alot of people saying that I shouldn't 'flaunt the fact that I'm a girl'.
Alright, I'm fine with that.
In exchange, both when I do and don't reveal that I'm a girl I'd like it if you stopped screaming at both me and other people to suck your ****. I'd also like it if you would stop insulting people using group labels since it demonizes that group (I.E How calling something negative that happens in game 'gay', Calling someone who's way or method of thinking that isn't the same as yours '******' etcetc.)
Furthermore, isn't the fact that simply saying I'm a female and the reaction I get from it the real problem here? It's not just me I know, alot of females on the internet who play games like this and other things now have to hide their genders for fear of being harrassed.
The real problem is no one is held accountable for the hate they spew on the internet. How many times have you seen or heard white kids rant about N-jgger this N-jgger that knowing **** well they wouldn't ever use that word in real life. The hate is universal not just towards gender but also race, age, nationality, and sexual preference. Yes it's a problem but your solution would not fix that problem, in fact there is no solution for fixing that problem in league of legends, because it is a free game.

underdevelopment

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
Yes and that's the entire point. Everyone gets treated that way whether they know your *** or not. I play with plenty of female gamers and if you don't go out of your way to bring it up, it's never made into an issue. Adjust your play style, if the topic heads towards your gender ignore it. There's no reason to bring it up.

The issue here is that there's no accountability on the internet. Everyone knows that. Everyone has been guilty of doing something online that they wouldn't do in real life. That's part of the internet. I don't think it's right but there's really no legit fix to the problem. If someone harasses you mute them and report them. Making a thread like this will accomplish absolutely nothing. In fact now more people know you're a woman, and know how sensitive you are. You've probably managed to make things worse.
A girl should not have to hide her identity because it makes you uncomfortable to have to imagine that every gamer is not a Straight-White-Male like yourself.

Valtegor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHearThat View Post
So you need an auto-mute to ignore?................................. You can literally type /ignore <players name>. What I'm saying auto-mute is a terrible idea, plus just because you thought that person was bad during THAT game doesn't mean everyone else does.
You don't get it.

If three people mute this guy every single game for the last 300 games, do you really want to find out why? Do you want to experience it yourself until you are so frustrated you decide to put them on your ignore list? Or would you rather just never meet this kind of player in the first place / not hear their dribble?

The reason this is kind of unnecessary in League though, is that such a player will simply be removed from the Community by Tribunal by the time the Auto-mute would come into effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumos View Post
Only girls get harassed apparently
Far from it. But the harassment they put up with is among the best examples.

TheSlappySlap

04-25-2012

stop feeding this thread

/oops

Sonas Body

04-25-2012

Yeah, good luck trying to fix the world.

Anybody who takes "lol u slut go bak 2 kitchen suk dik nub" badly has bigger issues than 13 year old bullies. If you're on the internet you need something better than a glass stomach.

Futonlol

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdevelopment View Post
A girl should not have to hide her identity because it makes you uncomfortable to have to imagine that every gamer is not a Straight-White-Male like yourself.
Are you really that naive? No one's saying she should have to, i'm saying she should know better. Unless you just started online gaming yesterday you know how online gaming is. It's no mystery and you shouldn't act like it is. Grow up.

Turkeybation

04-25-2012

I would love the auto mute idea. strictly for players who have been muted in the majority of games they've played. Would be a nice addition to the tribunal so we wouldn't have to deal with the trash on its way out.

Alluura

04-25-2012

I'm a chick and I play a **** ton of League.

You know what I do? Never ever bring up my gender in game. And if someone is insulting me or anything, guess what! There's a mute function. Riot implemented it for a reason - use it. Just ignore the trolls, and report them in the post game lobby.

I really don't understand these types of threads (especially from female players), It's just a cry for attention. EVERYONE gets insulted in this game, regardless of gender. Welcome to the internet.