Ahri isn't really that difficult!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stippy

04-24-2012

Hes level twelve guys, cut him some slack.

You need to get charm at level 2, it can secure ganks from jungles or other lanes and save you from the same.

Other than that get sorc shoes always. If you want health build rylais. It will make your spells slow, you have more health, and deal more magic damage.

Chaelin Lee

04-24-2012

I agree that Ahri isn't that difficult as advertised. I'd say she's a 5 or 6 on the difficulty chart.

As for the build; Doran's Ring, Sorcerer's shoes for any AP champ, Rabadon's, Rylai's for the slow, and if you're doing well, then you can probably get a WOTA first to utilize Ahri's passive a bit more. The last choice is a situational item whether it's a Void Staff or whatever.

Basically, you'd build her the way you build your other AP champions, but consider getting the Rylai's first because the slow does help chase down enemies.

I get my Q first, and max it by 9. As for the Charm, max it before your fox fire if you want more duration on the taunt.

Vikaryous

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantFox View Post
I don't plan my builds!
You will continue to be terrible until you do

PIayer Support

04-24-2012

It makes me sad when I come across Ahri in mid because I know they are having a much easier time than my Anivia play. :/

Iexy

04-25-2012

A rookie complaining about rookies.. I had to login to comment, this is too funny.

Haunchbones

04-25-2012

Rylai/wota/cap

CamPaine

04-25-2012

3/10 You got me to post.

Blaine Tog

04-25-2012

Getting at least one rank of Charm early is invaluable to Ahri's rotation at later Summoner levels. I heard someone say you're level 12? One of the big things about early levels that changes when you get higher up is that new players often just stand there and let you damage them. They don't move around all the time, they don't retreat at the right moment, and they don't avoid poke damage as much as they should.

At a certain point, people will start getting the hint that you can't just let the Ahri unload on you, and they'll either go for the kill when they're ready, or they'll back off before you can get close. Charm helps solve this problem: if you can land one (and they're kinda hard to hit at long ranges), you can hit them with a free Q and W and then back off, knocking away at least 1/3 of their health at no cost to you. Do that once more, and then you can Ult + second W + maybe Ignite for the kill. Without Charm, though, they have no reason to let you get them that low in the first place.

Charm is can also save your life if you get ganked. For this reason, I usually take it at level 1. Farming can be tough without Orb, but you shouldn't typically be using spells to farm at low levels anyway so this ends up forcing you to conserve your mana for when you have your full kit up and can actually kill people.

As for items, Ahri should pretty much always take Sorcerer Shoes. Berserker Greaves are pretty pointless on her (unless you're running AD Ahri, which is a novelty build), and Warmogs is just bad. Go with an early Catalyst of the Protector into a Rod of Ages or a Rylai's Crystal Scepter; I generally prefer the latter because Ahri's mana problems aren't really that bad and the slow from Rylai's makes killing targets obscenely easy, but RoA is almost never a bad item for casts that have to get close, such as Ahri.

Rabadon's Deathcap should be a core mid or lategame item for you; other than AD Ahri, I can't imagine a scenario where she wouldn't want that. I also like building an early Morello's Evil Tome for that sweet Cooldown Reduction, mostly because of how Ahri's safety throughout the game is determined by whether her Ult is off cooldown or not, though Deathfire Grasp gives her better spike if you can master using the active at the right moment. Abyssal Scepter is a phenomenal item for Ahri (AP, Magic Resistance, and MR Reduction that will help pretty much all her spells), and Zhonya's Hourglass is great against AD-heavy teams or when you're being focused, especially since you'll often be ulting into the danger zone and might need a second or two of dropped aggro to be able to get out safely.

DefiantFox

04-25-2012

I hardly think about using charm since I like dishing out magic damage extremely fast. I don't think of charm as an important ability but I'll try a game with it. xD I'll probably stack up on the assists! >w> It would be awesum if there were an assist spree~ And even better if the guy says it just like he does on killing sprees. I tried Riven and didn't do too bad with her, but I still couldn't figure out a build. I really hate resorting to using sites to help me get a build, makes me feel unoriginal so I just go mah own way and do random stuffies! But thanks for the advice guys!...And... o.O I guess troll comments.

PIayer Support

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3kon View Post
A rookie complaining about rookies.. I had to login to comment, this is too funny.
Doesn't matter if I'm a rookie or not you get the point, it is kind of discouraging but still Anivia > Ahri .
I'm also assuming you are pro. Good day!