Presenting Refer-a-Friend 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeeksNaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Champion Herald

04-25-2012
1 of 32 Riot Posts

Summoners!

It’s our pleasure to unveil a brand new version of the Refer-a-Friend program. We’ve built this program to empower all you well-connected socialites to spread the word about League of Legends to all of your friends, family members, acquaintances, business associates, pets, fans, professors, classmates, significant others and anyone else you think might benefit from a little good, clean fun.

Here are just a few of the perks of Refer-a-Friend 2.0!

• User friendly referrals – Your friends can simply enter your summoner name or email at the time they sign up. You can also send your friends your unique referral code via email or through your preferred instant messaging service.
  • Earn IP for every referral – Every time one of your referrals reaches Level 5 you’ll be the proud recipient of a 250 IP bounty.
  • Milestone rewards – When your friends reach Level 10 they’ll earn you points toward even more exciting rewards like exclusive skins, forum titles, Riot Points and more!

Now if you’ve already been going strong in the old Refer-a-Friend Program, you’ve got two options: You can transfer over to the new system and score some instant rewards, or you can remain in the original program and pursue those rewards if you prefer. Simply log into your existing Refer-a-Friend account page to get more details.

Nobody makes a better teammate than a friend, summoner, so start inviting yours to play League of Legends today. You’ve got nothing to lose but a lonely heart!

You can get a look at the full list of Refer-a-Friend 2.0 rewards and start inviting your friends here.

Update: Hey folks, we’ve uncovered two primary issues with Refer-a-Friend 2.0:

1) Some referrals aren’t showing up for some of you. We’ve identified this as a display issue – no data is lost at this time. All of your referrals should make it into the system as time progresses.
2) If you opted to redeem your rewards using the old system, there’s no navigation back to the webpage that allows you to opt into the new system. We’re fixing the navigation issue, but you will be able to switch over.

Update: We want to clarify two important points that got swept under the rug:

1) If you want to receive your Refer-a-Friend 1.0 rewards, you must redeem them BEFORE TRANSITIONING TO 2.0!
2) The referral level threshold for the new system is Level 10, up from Level 5. In the transition, you will gain 250 IP per Level 5 (or higher) account, but only Level 10 (or higher) accounts will unlock your Milestone Rewards.

We know that we could have made these two points much more visible and are looking into any ways that we can restore Refer-a-Friend 1.0 rewards to accounts that inadvertently forfeited them.

Update: A clarification on our clarification:

The immediately available reward for your Level 5 referrals will be 250 IP per account. Your IP boosts haven't been forgotten about - they'll be added to your account after this transition is completed.

We’ll have further updates as we tackle these bugs and improve the experience for you.

SkillzDatKillz

04-26-2012

good idea/10

NoobLuN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

i got at least 20 refer but it just said i got 18 complete

DarKVizarD114

04-26-2012

I love how Riot is taking the community's suggestions and make those real. Great Job Riot

Zizufresh

04-26-2012

Oh so in otherwords refer myself and level a smurf to level 5 against easy bots in an hour for 250 riot points an hour? okay.

The King Maku

04-26-2012

Cool, what about the long awaited Achievements though

Darkness023

04-26-2012

Lol all my lvl 5 refferals are deleted even though i clicked "continue wit the old program", and now i can't even get to the new program THANKS RIOOOOOOOT

KhaZixCarriesYou

04-26-2012

I chose to stay with the current system, as I still had an IP boost waiting for redemption and a friend nearly to level 5 that I'd prefer another IP boost from. Now what if I want to change to 2.0 at a later date for things like level 10 rewards? I'm not seeing any link to change that, as that link provided only goes to the original referral info page.

How do I switch to 2.0 later when I chose to stay with the old system now? Also I lost a lot of referrals, I only see 10 out of about 13-14.

uuuuuu

04-26-2012

This makes me wish I wasn't a cannibal

ElvenAura

04-26-2012

so this means that there won't be glitches?