Game Freezes when Game Starts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Final Boss

Adjudicator

08-08-2010

It's not completely computer related, not specs wise anyways. My brother has the exact same PC, as me, with a crappier video card (I have a geforce 9800GT, he has a 8600 GTX or something close). Everything else is the same, I get the crashes he doesn't. I've turned all my video settings down to low, and that seems to make it less frequent.

Acoristo

08-08-2010

This is ridiculous. This makes the game almost impossible to truly enjoy as this looming threat of losing a game to a game-breaking bug.

I've actually stopped playing LoL until this is fixed as I freeze EVERY SINGLE GAME.
I've played it since beta and had not a problem ever like this nor have I changed my computer's hardware or software at all.

Riot, fix this or you may lose players.

Cpt Danger

08-08-2010

I have the exact same problem as well, happens so much that my friends are starting to get a little edgy to play with me =/

I made a new thread on the Tech Support Forum to see if I would get any responses there:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...34#post2330634

Hope it gets resolved.

ZircX

08-08-2010

Same problem with me and several buddies!

LivEisJeebus

08-08-2010

Happens to me like 3/4 games. Game starts within 5 seconds it just freezes. Ive started to alt tab, and use task manager to end the process then restart it. but this has happened 3 times in one game.

TheNarwhalKing

08-09-2010

Bump

Zayda Suna

08-09-2010

I have had the same problem. Anyone have any idea how to stop this from happening?

TheNarwhalKing

08-09-2010

Come on Riot, give us something. Jesus christ.

Final Boss

Adjudicator

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarwhalKing View Post
Come on Riot, give us something. Jesus christ.
agreed.

I haven't touched ranked for awhile because of this, and my garen ratio win/loss went from 12-1 to like 12-4 thanks to this, and my KDA got botched too. It used to be like 140/21/110 it was awesome, but noooo, disconnect bugs FTL.
Thank god for SC2, something to do while I hope this gets fixed.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

08-09-2010
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

I think this bug has to do with holding down a key during loading screen, then not letting it go when you start and mousing over some tooltips for abilities or stats or stuff. Unfortunately, we're not yet at a 100% QA repro, but here are some tips to avoid this bug:

1) Don't hold keys down during the loading screen - this is usually either a voice chat push-to-talk hotkey if you are on Ventrilo or the like, or people holding down CTRL to level up an ability when they get in game.
2) Don't mouse over an ability and bring up the tooltip for the first time while holding down any keys. You are totally safe to mouse over abilities after the first tooltip shows, even if you hold down keys, but be careful with the first mouseover.

I'll keep you guys posted.