State of Xerath and the passive change that never happened?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazylockdown

04-20-2012

Haven't seen Xerath being played in a while so I decided to give him a try today and he's boring to play and he's harder to play than other popular mages without any extra advantages. (My opinion, I haven't played him in a while so I might be rusty and I am not the greatest LOL player to begin with)

Whatever happened to the passive change that Morello talked about when Xerath was somewhat new? Thought they were going to change it to something that fits his kit better? Because having extra armor when you're supposed to be positioned very far away from the fight doesn't help.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

They said they aren't changing him because they're afraid of pushing him over the border and into OP-land.

Their planned change for his passive had gameplay issues so they scrapped it.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-20-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
They said they aren't changing him because they're afraid of pushing him over the border and into OP-land.

Their planned change for his passive had gameplay issues so they scrapped it.
This - we liked the idea, but in practice it was insane if we ever made the number meaningful.

Lucchinii

04-20-2012

The passive helps when he's too close to an enemy. It basically gives him a chance at surviving the onslaught of the assassin that happened to sneak past. It's not great, but it does work well with him.

Yeah, he is kind of boring, and he doesn't have any real advantages except for the super-long range, but that doesn't really mean that he needs any changes at all.

Might as well change Yorick and pretty much every support in the game because they're incredibly boring to play.

Ohey, Morello posted.
What exactly was the proposed passive change?

Phoeix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-20-2012

xerath can burst most people at level 6 and his passive isnt that bad people just dont play him cause hes boring

XeaL

04-20-2012

Xerath needs a bump in power though. At this point nobody plays him because he isn't up to par power wise.

BFG 9000

04-20-2012

Why play Xerath when you can play Ryze?

Fox P McCloud

04-20-2012

The biggest problem I have with Xerath, is that AP Kog has greater range and spammability than Xerath...yes, there's a longer delay, but this is made up for the fact he can get off wayyyyyyyyy more in a much much shorter time duration.

420BONGLORD420

04-20-2012

I'm not sure how to feel about this I like Xer I never play him but he's cool. I wish I would see more of him.

XeaL

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This - we liked the idea, but in practice it was insane if we ever made the number meaningful.
So can you maybe go in a different direction or is it just case closed on Xerath? That passive as is doesn't really promote any kind of play or decision making. Its just kinda....there. Very "meh" feeling.

12345 ... 9