Hecarim - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glissando

Recruiter

04-19-2012

Is it a coincidence that Hecarim is an anagram of Chimera? I mean, a centaur's body is a combination of man and horse, but does this mean that Hecarim was fused from separate beings?

Also, does the Greek goddess Hecate have anything to do with Hecarim?

Opreich

04-19-2012

Any opinions on the theory that the Shadow Isles champs represent the 4 apocalyptic horsemen?

Ask Galio

04-19-2012

About the thing with Hecarim being one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse... guys, just look at Yorick's abilities.

@Opreich What would Mordekaiser be? You tell me.

Nwol

04-19-2012

How do the city states view Hecarim's arrival, I'm paticularly interested in Noxus.

Also, how likely are we see a judgement for him? I'm semi hopeful due to the recent release of one.

tarlune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
About the thing with Hecarim being one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse... guys, just look at Yorick's abilities.

@Opreich What would Mordekaiser be? You tell me.
If you read his lore it states that he is specifically tuned to disease. He is even drawn to it.

Heckrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Can Hecarim make a sonic rainboom?

Fomorian27

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
The two ideas kind of developed together - we wanted a character who played like a cavalryman and that implies mobility. The specific Movespeed > AD passive wasn't a part of him originally, a few other passives were tried before this iteration stuck.
Can you give us an example of other passives that were tried out?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-19-2012

Quote:
Pony-O's... he does gain strength from draining soul energy from the living.
So would he prefer living ponies to drain?

NinetyNineTails

04-19-2012

Quote:
Mordekaiser and Hecarim share common characteristics - Mordekaiser being a brawny guy under the armor, a la Pentakill Morde, isn't canon. His bio is a more accurate description of him, mysterious as it is.
Morde's death animation has always suggested that, whatever is under his armor, a flesh-and-blood body isn't it.

Harrow

Associate Creative Designer

04-19-2012
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
How do the city states view Hecarim's arrival, I'm paticularly interested in Noxus.
Personally, I doubt there would be one single Noxian view of Hecarim's arrival. Some are almost certainly interested in his dark power and wonder if there's some way to harness it for themselves.Others are probably more interested in finding a way to kill him to prove their strength. I don't think many of them will be particularly worried about him unless he makes a direct threat against Noxus - after all, they haven't made any effort to destroy Mordekaiser despite his presence in the slums.