Riot, I miss the old you.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goooofie

04-18-2012

http://blog.dota2.com/
Defense of the Ancients! CONVERT!!!

Burntlettuce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is totally valid and a hot-button issue, agreed. Part of the mistake was not only the time we've taken, but information coming out too early. Why are Magma Chamber and Stealth "unfulfilled promises?" Partially because we shouldn't share information when we're not totally sure, and in development, that's always later in the process. The way we managed Dominion information, for example, made sure we could deliver on what we said we'd do in a timely fashion, avoiding things like this.

This is also why I'm staying silent on stealth details - until it's concrete and solid, it's only potential for more disappointments if things change or expectations are set too early.
The problem is it takes a thread like this to get any information. Just say "developing" every now and then to let us know that you aren't ignoring us. The lack of information on this latest patch, for instance. You guys have always had a problem with PR. It's something that you need to examine in your staff, because often, someone is not relying the information back to the player base. Companies cannot be run like that and expect to survive for very long.

TyphoonKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

good god that was a long read

CLlNTEASTWOOD

04-18-2012

im starting to believe riot is genuinely unable to produce new, balanced material. they make 2 new maps but balance the game around 1. they break champs and in some cases (jax) make them even worse after 2 remakes. i'm still wondering why riot has not addressed the issue of melee-dps carries in competitive play. they havnt been viable forever. does riot not seem to care?

but we do get a new champ and new skins almost every 2 weeks. and that happens to be riots biggest source of revenue.

darkmaster7

04-18-2012

bump for justice

Morello

Lead Designer

04-18-2012
9 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Drago View Post
I feel like what annoys people the most is the length of time something goes "in development" for, striking the question "is anyone really working on it?"

So to ask a very straight forward question, is any team, even just one individual even, working on anything to do with Magma Chamber, or stealth rework?

I feel like a lot of us are just left hanging as to where it even is in the steps of being developed. I for one, if I knew it was in queue, I at least wouldn't feel left hanging, I know I just have to wait for you guys to start on it.
Stealth (Eve and Twitch reworks, essentially) is being worked on as the primary task for both Statikk and Classick. Magma Chamber is not something we're working on right now for the reasons I mentioned before in the megathread, though not to say we never will.

Destrucshot

04-18-2012

And Morello, while you are here, do you know how far along the Karma rework is to finalization?

Lemonlce

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredgerd View Post

Miss Fortune is kinda just outshined by other carries. Her only real advantage is her laning and that tends to be inconsistant due to the randomness of double shot.
double shot isn't random if you know how the angles work

Doflamingo51

04-18-2012

I agree with the OP. I've been around since Beta and when it first started out Riot really seemed to be a company by gamers for gamers. They listened to ideas, actually got stuff done, and just all around pretty awesome.
Seems like they have done a complete turn around. The old Riot would have never let TT, or Dominion go this long without any sort of word about what their plans are. They used to keep us informed.
Honestly, it feels like they just sold out. I understand the need to make money, but Riot has said more than once "if throwing money at the problem could fix it then it would have been fixed a long time ago" SO money does not seem to be an issue. Something like forum icons, in game achievements, lore, and Journal of Justice (as the OP said) Little things like that, that add to the game and are easy to do but Riot does not do it..My only guess can be is because it does not earn them a profit.

Tolone

04-18-2012

Riot response is: give me more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we want to keep turning this game to **** so give us money. This game is free to play, the best way to change how they conduct business is to stop giving them money.