Leaver penalty.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Walrus View Post
I just really wish they had some sort of "Get out of jail" type of thing.
What I mean by that is for the player to be pardoned Once or twice, depending on how much you want to enforce the Summoner's code. I've run into the problem of having to go help my grandparents who are far too old to be able to do many daily things on their own; I think taking care of my family is a tad more important than this game. I see no reason to flag people as Leavers or AFK'ers if the team is willing to handle the loss or even the win (which has happened many times before).
I fully agree, having a full team is a very important thing and for each player you don't have, you lose a valuable asset which may make or break your game (usually breaks or makes it more difficult).
However, people have errands, chores, needs you know, things that they HAVE to do; regardless of whether their in a intense game or not.
I hate to be redundant, but the penalties should have a pardon, at least one, so that player's don't feel upset for getting banned after putting so much time into a game, they already got nothing from leaving and they got a loss, don't you think that's already enough?
The vast, vast, VAST majority of 'chores' are predictable. If you have dinner at 6:00 every day, why are you surprised when you have dinner in the middle of the game you start at 5:45? Yes real life comes first, but that doesn't mean you can do as you wish without consequences.

Serra ArkAngel

03-22-2012

Can you fall below Leaver level 1 for being good long enough or is it like a permanent mark on your record?

Fruity Walrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Hey, you know what I do when I have something to do?

I don't play the game.

Why do you believe your life and responsibilities make you entitled to screw over 9 other people?

Someone getting a loss is not a punishment when they force that on their teammates as well.
I fully agree with what you said, however I'm usually called off the computer at pure random, so I have no control over the situation.
I do get upset that I'm bringing my team down, but I usually play with my buddies and I tell them in advance (like half a second after I'm called off) that I will be going and I ask them if I can leave (if they say no, I try to stall for as long as I can, but obviously I can't do anything about it). I've only ever Rage Quit once through out the entire time I've played this game, and that was because I was just tired from work.

Screwing people over isn't good, you're right, but some situations can't be helped, and all I'm suggesting is just one more chance to pardon your leave or your idling/AFK'ing.

Fruity Walrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
The vast, vast, VAST majority of 'chores' are predictable. If you have dinner at 6:00 every day, why are you surprised when you have dinner in the middle of the game you start at 5:45? Yes real life comes first, but that doesn't mean you can do as you wish without consequences.
I know my schedule quite well, and sorry for giving you the wrong idea; I know my chores and I've already based my game time to my chore time.
Unfortunately, I don't always know when I'm going to be called randomly because I have to fix a combusted router (which actually happened before).
I'm sorry for having an opinion and sorry for the suggestion, you guys seem quite full of yourselves, take care.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-24-2012

O.o we're full of ourselves? For basing our responses on the information _you_ provided us? You stated that you needed to leave for 'chores.' To me, chores are things that need to be done, but are a bit more flexible, or at least predictable. Maybe there's just something getting lost in translation, and if so I apologize, but it doesn't appear that we are the ones full of ourselves here.

You aren't banned for a single leave; this is because random occurrences happen. If you've already reached that point and exceeded it, then either you're not doing what you can to ensure you don't have to leave, or your current situation might not be suitable for LoL. It sucks, but that's the case for people. I was working overtime/on call a bit last summer, and I couldn't fit in more than one game a week. This is because I knew I might get called, so I didn't play for an hour or two before and after shift changes.

Why are you constantly getting called away from the computer? Is it parents, job, friends? You provide us with limited to no information to go on, and then get upset when we can't tell exactly what your situation is. I'm perfectly willing to spitball ideas on how to improve your situation, but I'm not going to be able to do so without knowing what that situation is. I stated earlier that most things are predictable, but instead of saying why your issues weren't predictable, you just said 'they aren't, and you're a jerk, so there!'

The responses here were a bit short before, because you necroed an old thread with a barely related question/suggestion. As most people don't like keeping old topics on the front page indefinitely (rereading old information and trying to find relevant info in twenty pages of old posts isn't very helpful), they tend to either not reply to necroed threads, or only post very minimalist responses.

TwistWrist

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity Walrus View Post
I fully agree with what you said, however I'm usually called off the computer at pure random, so I have no control over the situation.
I do get upset that I'm bringing my team down, but I usually play with my buddies and I tell them in advance (like half a second after I'm called off) that I will be going and I ask them if I can leave (if they say no, I try to stall for as long as I can, but obviously I can't do anything about it). I've only ever Rage Quit once through out the entire time I've played this game, and that was because I was just tired from work.

Screwing people over isn't good, you're right, but some situations can't be helped, and all I'm suggesting is just one more chance to pardon your leave or your idling/AFK'ing.
All I read what "cater to me and my situation".

Get over yourself. If your situation doesn't allow you to play the game, then don't play the game. I've had to do it in the past. Probably will have to do it again next week.

Nitram2012

03-24-2012

I understand the reason for having a penalty.. And I agree. I am a firefighter and if I get toned out for a call in the middle of the game, well, I'll take the hit and the penalty if it happens.. I wouldn't want to leave in the middle and leave my team hanging... I understand the reason for penalties.. I've seen people log in, stay at base and collect ip.

That be said, I do know that some people have not been the cause of leaving. My wife was disconnected 4 times a couple of nights ago and once last night. The first night (4 disconnects) she frantically tried to log back in so she would not leave the team hanging... Now she is penalized for getting disconnected. She has even asked for help from LoL via email and attempting to submit logs... no response.

Everything is good on our end as far as connection etc. When she was disconnected the other night most people in the game were getting disconnected also... Yet now she is at Lvl 1 Leaver...

I know it goes away after a bit, but that's not the point in this case. I know LoL cannot review each case but the people that intentionally leave the game (on a regular basis) are the cause for even having this rule,, they should be reported and be banned... It is normally obvious who they are when we play, either leaving the game or staying idle.. this hurts us all.

LoL should have someone available to answer legitimate concerns and submissions as my wife has done (after weeding through all the **** some people submit).

TwistWrist

03-24-2012

There is a system for when the game has problems.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Loss_forgiven

You don't get leaves when the button is used.

GamingSinceDa80s

03-28-2012

This is BS,I will take the bann.I refuse to play games with afks and people who leave.I just leave the game .FIX THIS **** RIOT!

killer8844

04-18-2012

What if my team all agrees that it's OK to leave? Then I think RIOT is just overdueing it a bit

123456 ... 10