@Morello / Riot: You didn't live up to Kayle promises

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Well, maybe they are having second thoughts because a lot of people actually like Kayle as she is.

Ruthless Sophie

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Avdey View Post
Well, maybe they are having second thoughts because a lot of people actually like Kayle as she is.
Yes precisely....

Not to mention... she was reworked already...

I don't care that other people didn't like it... I care that I can play her as a top lane a ad carry bot or a support bot and if for some reason someone just can't jungle I can do that too, and I have fun doing it, she is my go to I need a win champion and I"d really prefer the people that demand changes and say she sucks just stop talking and stop sucking with her. It's clearly a player error.

Lord Gaga

04-18-2012

I just want her E on a toggle. That's all.

Razzi

04-18-2012

Some people are just afraid of change. She needs an overhaul.

Eat Orange Be K

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutTenPandas View Post
I made a thread awhile ago about Kayle. I was so excited when of all people Morello posted in it and outlined some plans he and Xyperous had for Kayle. But look what happened. She got a single buff, and got pushed into the support role.

If this was simply a quality of life buff until she can get a full rework, then please tell us that, but forcing her into the support role really isn't what I thought you guys had planned for.

We just want to know what's going on. If this is all the Kayle changes we're getting I'll be a disappointed dave, but if there's more to come I'd love to hear it!
Actually, I'll have to do some digging (there were several threads about this back at patch preview) but it's already been confirmed that this is not the rework and they're not done, that this is just something to "help her in her current state" until the rework goes through. As someone also pointed out, they also mentioned on the timeline that Stealth is the priority rework right now holding a lot of things up, and specifically Kayle's rework.

I don't have the time to dig for direct citation right at the moment, but I do know for a fact that they said this is just an interim fix and the rework is still coming. I'll dig it up in a little bit.

AboutTenPandas

04-18-2012

I've said it before, but for many of the people that don't want Kayle changes, I don't think a lot of them remember how she used to be. Before the most recent rework. If you think she's fun now, you should've seen her before.

She was a badass flying angel of death that would just as easily smite you for you transgressions as well as prevent you from harming her team with your dastardly plans. She was awesome and could even carry games. That feeling is lost, and I would love to see it come back. She used to be one of my favorite champions and I really want to see her return to glory.

Bender2999

04-18-2012

This is not the rework. A different red said they were going to do some QoL fixes to W sometime around January. It just took them awhile I guess.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

04-18-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerothma View Post
This wasn't the rework...
Just want to confirm, this was not the rework.

There are 2 main reasons we did these changes:

1. Her W was underwhelming.

2. She is not inherently a toxic champion to the game's health, so we don't mind making her a viable champion in the mean time since we know Kayle's full rework will be a long-term project.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

I've been playing Kayle as support for about a month now. Her ultimate is irreplaceable--a shield that scales in strength depending on both my skill and my opponents'. I find that as my Elo rises, the number of deaths in a game goes down. Preventing one of those every minute is perfect for a support champion. Combined with any amount of healing, and her free base damage she's a support that contributes damage and protection to her teammates without needing to complete a single major item.

If you don't like her style, that's a personal a problem. But as a support main I personally enjoy Kayle, and rely on her as a certain counterpick in ranked games.

IS13e7a695f45cf113f044f

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Just want to confirm, this was not the rework.

There are 2 main reasons we did these changes:

1. Her W was underwhelming.

2. She is not inherently a toxic champion to the game's health, so we don't mind making her a viable champion in the mean time since we know Kayle's full rework will be a long-term project.

oh cool so we can expect a rework in 2 years?