PSS in need of concept artist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

We need a few more artist on the team.

PSS is Short for Project Soul Spectre we are a group of people that design fan champion concepts for fun.

For more info follow the link
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1834136

Post here if your interested.

Stplmstr

04-16-2012

Cant guarantee timelines but I would be up for doing some drawings for your group

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stplmstr View Post
Cant guarantee timelines but I would be up for doing some drawings for your group
I've added you in-game

SkandalsMeow

04-17-2012

Hey, i Love to draw. I do it everyday, and mostly draw league stuff. But i normally draw on paper and transfer to photoshop. A bit afraid to post in your group thing. Just saying.
- Edit... Im mostly best at drawing females. <-- being honest. -.-

Kurogano

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkandalsMeow View Post
Hey, i Love to draw. I do it everyday, and mostly draw league stuff. But i normally draw on paper and transfer to photoshop. A bit afraid to post in your group thing. Just saying.
- Edit... Im mostly best at drawing females. <-- being honest. -.-
I'll add you in-game when the servers come back up

Kayis Vectum

05-06-2012

I'd like to join! I do a lot of drawing (mostly gaming-related subjects; WoW, LoL, Own ideas, etc.) I'm aspiring to be a concept artist/game artist later on - this could give me some pretty good portfolio pieces that I may need!

Eldarhin

05-22-2012

I dabble here and there in drawing. Um... I'm not good at drawing men though... cause I sorta get shy looking at them in detail. >>;;; But that aside, I'm usually okay drawing girls, preferably ones with **** that will not get in the way of their line of fire. I'm more of a costume design type.

Greisha

05-30-2012

This sounds pretty fun~

I'm not taking too many classes this semester, so I think I'll have the spare time to draw some stuff here and there~ <3

-- Game starting, add me in-game~
Name: Greisha

Scodo

05-30-2012

It's extremely rare that I'll say something negative towards another artist so I'm not sure how to put this. I was interested in adding my talent to the pool until I actually saw what was already swimming there.

The visual design for your champs in the linked thread so far usually falls into one of two categories: generic and boring (like tsar or anastasia), or blatant ripoff (like lumen and nephthys which are CLEARLY the diablo 3 monk and ivy from soul calibur)

My honest advice, which you may or may not follow or even want, is that before you try to bring more artists on to what sounds like a semi serious project, you should revisit the champs you've already made and work on making them more visually unique and compelling.

Kurogano

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scodo View Post
It's extremely rare that I'll say something negative towards another artist so I'm not sure how to put this. I was interested in adding my talent to the pool until I actually saw what was already swimming there.

The visual design for your champs in the linked thread so far usually falls into one of two categories: generic and boring (like tsar or anastasia), or blatant ripoff (like lumen and nephthys which are CLEARLY the diablo 3 monk and ivy from soul calibur)

My honest advice, which you may or may not follow or even want, is that before you try to bring more artists on to what sounds like a semi serious project, you should revisit the champs you've already made and work on making them more visually unique and compelling.
Guess I'll address this in order. The artist that did Tsar is no longer with the group. As for Anastasia everyone has a different definition of boring or generic. While Tsar easily falls into that category for most people Anastasia does not.

I can say with certainty that I nor the artist that worked on Lumen played Diablo at all when the art itself was created which was Pre-Diablo 3. As for Nephthys you are completely wrong. Her classic(Lore Based Art) is actually a simple classy dress that fits her character and has nothing to do with Ivy. While her Battle Arena skin is heavily inspired by Ivy do to her using the same weapon type as Ivy. Should she have been put in-game by riot without that skin present it would have been instantly suggested by the community and an obvious fan favorite for the next community skin. Her regal skin is linked to where her concept came from. Which was the Shuffle Alliance this is from the Anime G Gundam. Now if your remember or have never watch that anime. One of the members is from France. She was originally suppose to be based off him. I decided to go in a different direction, and make only one member of the Five Card based of the Current Members of the Shuffle Alliance which would be Seth, but I'm getting far to into this. She in herself is nothing like Ivy.

While I would love to go back to our old champions; giving them all 3 skins with our current man power this is impossible. We only have 1 active artist with 2 semi-active artist. They are far behind along with our cosmetics division.

Personally I'd love to go back and fine tune a lot of those kits; As I've learn a lot since some of them were developed. Especially the one that were originally designed by me (Kurenia/Duplica being the main 2)

Greisha

I'll add you in-game when I get back on the main client. Currently theorycrafting with Draven