Locked Camera Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boourns

UI Designer

04-16-2012
11 of 82 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalafai View Post
Except, It's not true that your maximum view is so strictly controlled. The FoV is strictly based of the vertical screen resolution. If you play a game at a 4:3 resolution, you can see about the same distance as your own champion in all dirrections. If you play at a 16:9 resolution, while vertically you see the same amount, horizontally, you are now effectivly "zoomed" out to see about 25% further to either side(or each sides, been a while since I slept through algebra).

I'll make a topic on this subject itself, I suppose, after grabbing some screencaps and proper mathmatics.

Ranty area ahead, feel free to skip.

The jungle is roughly radially symmetrical., even if the river is not So that for one team, golem camp is bottem lane with dragon, and for the other team, that same camp is top lane. If wanting to stack carry/support bottem, blue team is able to pick up first spawn of golem before laning starts with an AD carry, for an earlly exp bonus, and that not small lane supperiority when they grab their second skill even 20 seconds before the other lane. An AP Carry/support pair in the lane nearer anchinet golems might get a similar advantage taking anchient golem and blue buff instead of the first few seconds of laning (ask your jungler first and confirm their rotation allows this).

Nobody really seems to care, just blah blah ad carry/support bottem, blah blah noob.
That is correct and I believe they made changes to golem to make that less viable although I still see it done. There's nothing stopping you from running duo lane top, however it seems like the meta has two bottom for dragon control. So I'm not sure what changes you're proposing?

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
That is correct and I believe they made changes to golem to make that less viable although I still see it done. There's nothing stopping you from running duo lane top, however it seems like the meta has two bottom for dragon control. So I'm not sure what changes you're proposing?
While off-topic, I made a thread directed to you about making the champ-only targeting (tilde currently) something we can set via keybinds. Any chance?

Original thread here

clrk

04-16-2012

hey boourns wanna play with me and my friends for my 1000th win?

RapZero

04-16-2012

I prefer using locked camera during teamfights and unlocked during laning phase.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-16-2012

Quote:
Adjust the Jungle so it is a perfect Mirror. Both blue buffs are in the top, both reds are in the bottom, etc.

Best Atheist NA

04-16-2012

Well I hope they can find the issue causing the camera to unlock itself at the end of the game, so they can get some real statistics on locked camera usage. I still believe the number of locked camera users is bigger than people expect.

Fox P McCloud

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Talakki View Post
Okay, for me personally it would be disorienting, because what I'm seeing is not actually what the map's orientation is. And "if you don't like it don't use it" doesn't really work as a solution here, because someone who doesn't like the idea of a flipped camera but likes using locked camera will still have the same problem. It's a weak fix in my opinion when shifting the camera's position for locked camera would be much better solution, and wouldn't give either side a viewing range advantage.
That can be worked on too--why should one option (that may work for some people) be thrown out just because of a few?

MrWish

04-16-2012

Quote:
Uhhhhh... if you're 2.1k Elo and use locked camera exclusively... I'm not sure it's seriously affecting your play! You are in the elite level of players. You have roughly a 50% chance to be on purple and you still play at an exceptionally high level.
Heres the thing my win rate on purple i believe is significantly lower , im 2k because i can out cs and outplay but here is where the huge disadvantage is , i main Ad carries and when your purple and are near your tower in lane at bot , it is hell i tell you , such a disadvantage because the other carry can hit you without you being able to hit them , that's where it really affects me . Anyways its not he end of world but its a problem that could be addressed maybe an option for flipping if you desire? not sure on the solution but something would be nice

Jamaree

04-17-2012

Honestly, I can't play unlocked screen, I was given it as default, and just kept playing, hell, I didn't even know you could unlock until I about the 20s, by then, when I got to learn there was unlocked, it became too difficult to play unlocked, it was like trying to learn the game all over again. Now, everytime I'm on purple side, I'm stuck dealing with the fact that blue has a slight sight advantage because the game is looking upwards towards purple, whereas with purple side, it cuts off. I'm wondering if Riot will ever add an invert mode of some kind to allow the same locked view from both angles.

Spy7

04-17-2012

You could create an option to flip the camera... but make it hard to use ...
The player who flip the game need to know what he is doing.
Example... the option can't save... every game you need check the option...
And every time you flip, show a big warning about top/bottom/communication/mirror/dragon/responsibility...
Show a animation with arrows indicating the new top and bottom lane...