Why do people care so much about elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexer

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Avdey View Post
Because your income, physical attractiveness, and...ahem...girth...can all be boiled down to a single number...
I lol'd so hard at this going through all the replies. Funniest reply I've seen in the forum in a while.

To the discussion of this thread, I have to agree that you should never rage about your elo unless you're purposely being trolled. That's kinda what people are pushing the "loss forgiveness" mechanic to be added to the game. And for the people who absolutely care about their elo, they should stop going on solo que for ranked. Make a bonafied team and go at it with the other players. I guarantee that your competitive lives will be so much easier if you only go in with pre-mades.

Kurø

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekshi View Post
If they can't get to 1800 after 500 games, I sincerely doubt they're competitive-tier. Generally people that really try and rages as they attempt to get to 1800 are usually the ones that can't reach it.
I'll be able to do it, considering I didn't play in S1 I'm a bit behind. But I'm catching up fast and actually put in effort to learn from my mistakes unlike most of the playerbase ^.^

If they played over 1000 ranked games in S1 and are over 500 in S2 already, then well yeah I would agree with that.

Priamos

04-16-2012

@Everyone saying "dont rage."

You haven't lived until you've told someone that they deserve to die in a gas chamber because they cs'd poorly.