@Solcrushed pls any xin news?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyCompy

04-15-2012

I would honestly be okay with removing the cooldown reducing active on Battle Cry if it meant lower overall cooldowns and scaling.

n D

BB BARKER

04-15-2012

This is familiar and not sure what happened after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey all,

The recent Xin nerfs have been pretty contentious. We've spoken of reverting the nerfs, but we had some other ideas to make him better in all elos (previously, Xin had a really hard time against organized teams anyway).

These are just a couple ideas we're tossing around.

* E becomes physical, scales with AD.

* R scales with AD.

The mistake here was not doing a nerf/buff patch at the same time. I think the change was good, but was not accompanied with appropriate changes to help his core problems.

EDIT:

Thank you everyone for the feedback and discussion.

We've decided not to go this route, nor revert the changes wholesale. However, next patch, barring something going crazy, we're looking to institute buffs to Xin.

* Why not revert?

Frankly, Xin's never been in a good place balance-wise; he's not terribly good in organized play, but has high pubstomp ability (especially when we look at the statistics - it's pretty staggering) and frustration factor. Now that we're moving away from that place, we should take this opportunity to make him better overall.

* What changes are you thinking of?

The Live team and I have to hammer out the details. I hope to preview them with the community early next week.

* Can you revert in the meantime?

We're not going to, no, but instead I plan to keep this transparent and prioritize these changes.

* Why Xin? Why not (something else)?

Because we recognize we made a mistake and don't just want to close the wound, but cure the problem while we're in here. Other champions you may feel are weak have other unique considerations, and changes from a workload, risk, and impact standpoint are anything but equal.

BB BARKER

04-15-2012

bump

BB BARKER

04-15-2012

bump

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

04-15-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Me not posting in this thread isn't because i have decided eating popcorn was more beneficial than keeping you informed.

Xin is still in the iteration phase and unless I want to start going "Hi GUISE I gave Xin all AP scaling cause I wanted to hear everyone facepalm" "On second thought cancel that" in the thread I won't really be able to inform you about it until he reaches a stable point.

All I CAN say at this point is that he will probably lose something to gain something else. (I am so informative)

I'll be sure to tell you guys when I have more confidence in how he will end up looking like so keep the faith!

*Goes back to eating popcorn*

halifix

04-15-2012

Share the popcorn.

It's been a long time since I played Xin. I would like for his E to deal physical damage, but I don't mind how he can just stack 2k gold items and become a powerhouse, even with SotD removed. I would also not mind some sort of ms buff on him.

Michael Kane

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Me not posting in this thread isn't because i have decided eating popcorn was more beneficial than keeping you informed.

Xin is still in the iteration phase and unless I want to start going "Hi GUISE I gave Xin all AP scaling cause I wanted to hear everyone facepalm" "On second thought cancel that" in the thread I won't really be able to inform you about it until he reaches a stable point.

All I CAN say at this point is that he will probably lose something to gain something else. (I am so informative)

I'll be sure to tell you guys when I have more confidence in how he will end up looking like so keep the faith!

<3

Jazman84

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post

Quivering in anticipation. Any ETA on some details on what exactly will be addressed with his kit?

Gentleman Oz

04-15-2012

Xin fans will hate me, but I think removing his healing would be better for the character overall.

It's kinda like old Jax's dodge and gold passive, too toxic to allow a good balance of power in his kit, specially if it forbids him to get more power where he truly needs (however I dunno what could be used to replace it in a more balanced way, Spirit Visage-like healing boost maybe?)