Please help-- Lvl 3 warning for idling/leaving games?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LMFAO ROFL EHEHE

04-14-2012

Hi, I recently had my account suspended for 4 days for excessive idling/leaving games. I had an ip boost that I bought, and I happened to have to go on the road for work. I wanted to make use of my boost so I was playing out of hotels on crappy wi-fi connections. Long story short, I was dc'ing a lot from games.

Now-- I want to say I am aware that what I did was selfish and not good behavior. My connection issues were losing games for people because I wanted to make use of my IP boost. So I am not excusing what I did, just explaining that I am not an afker/leaver type of playe-- I was just really selfish for a few days trying to get the most out of an IP boost at the expense of other players. On my main account, I have over 2000 games played and never once have I ever afk'd on my team. Not 1 game in 2k+-- quitting is not in my blood.

However, I have a stable connection now that I am back home and won't ever do that ever again. I just logged into my account after the suspension and it says I have a lvl 3 idle/afk warning. It is sort of a scary message-- I just dont want my account to be permabanned or something should I have one leave from some fluke internet outage or something! On my main account, there have been a dozen or so times where I have connection problems, usually immediately following a patch-- sometimes it takes me 5 mins to connect to a game or I'll get crash bugs etc that always take a game or two to figure out-- usually firewall settings or something of the sort. Since I am already at level 3 on my smurf account, will anything lik ethis ge tme permabanned really fast? On my main account I am not worried about it because, like I said, I very rarely have connection issues. But my smurf already is at lvl 3 idle/afk warning-- so am I already walking a thin line here? Should I make a new account? I don't want to get to lvl 30, then to 1800 elo, have a patch come out that doesn't like my firewall, cause me to crash 2-3 games in a row, then have my account permabanned 3 months from now. Get what I'm saying?

Is there anyway I can get this warning off my account? By prolonged good behavior? I won't play LOL anymore on a crappy wi-fi connection. I just hope I can get back in the good graces of the tribunal if I can prove over a prolonged period of time that I won't afk/leave games. Like I said, I won't play out of a hotel anymore if the connection is bad. I realize I ruined the experiences of people who had to play with me constantly dc'ing-- I just want to show that I am not that type of player.

Thanks!

SimplyAlive

04-14-2012

It lowers when you play enough matches without leavinf, DCing or AFKing too often.

(This is also not handles by the Tribunal, but the automated LeaverBuster system)

LMFAO ROFL EHEHE

04-14-2012

Ah, great-- good to know!!! Thanks

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

04-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

SimplyAlive is right. Your leaver penalty will decay as you play games without dropping off. Eventually it will decay back to zero and you'll have a grace period where you can disconnect from a game or two without getting suspended.

And since the LeaverBuster system is automated, you won't get a permanent suspension from it. However, if you're level kept going higher and higher the duration of your suspensions would get longer and longer.

So I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just don't make it a habit of leaving additional games.

Merluza00

04-14-2012

So, if I am not wrong you have a smurf for when you have bad connection?
Cant you just avoid playing instead? you are ruining other peoples game and the fact that you buy IPboosts should not make you inmune to bans/warnings as other people buy RP or other contents and do not deserve to play 4v5 or with one member lag-feeding

Best Adc in Asia

06-10-2012

true

Emailsupport7346

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merluza00 View Post
So, if I am not wrong you have a smurf for when you have bad connection?
Cant you just avoid playing instead? you are ruining other peoples game and the fact that you buy IPboosts should not make you inmune to bans/warnings as other people buy RP or other contents and do not deserve to play 4v5 or with one member lag-feeding
I don't think he wants to have it for that... read where he plans on getting high elo with it.

AJStarhiker

06-11-2012

I don't think it was a bought IP boost, I'd guess it was the reward boost from last weekend.

Bentondesruction

11-26-2012

Hey man~

I can understand this as I have been banned a few times ~ because of my internet however I fixed it and I haven't changed since but if you use the internet somewhere else it should be good!

vulgarwolf

11-27-2012

if you have bad connection dont play, its the simple, it ruins the game for everybody else..and deserves a report for it also