Remove ELO Loss from Dodging Ranked Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OBrian001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

I cannot express how much I hate this feature, I cannot say how many times I get into a ranked game whethers its solo or duo queue and either some is AFK, is trolling or just doesn't want to listen and picks their own champ regardless of the team comp. Its stupid that we lose 10 ELO for dodging games that are doomed to fail from the start. I understand the reasoning behind it, but seriously its just not working the way it should. Maybe make the timer for leaving longer then 5 minutes or something, I don't know, I don't care. This has got to go because it is beyond frustrating to get a perfect team comp then have the last person choose a 2nd jungle because he didn't want to communicate with the team.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

I'd also like a first dodge every day is free. I agree with that, though I'll also state 10 elo is well worth not wasting my time and losing more elo.

PussPounder Esq

04-14-2012

I like the purposed idea of a vote-kick system. You have people who ranked queue then afk, or you have a sexy team comp, and the last ass hole picks something else. Or even better you pick your character before you Queue, and it matches you with some type of legitimate team composition :O But that wouldn't work because it'd only follow the meta, but there are counters to the meta >.>

SavageWolves

04-14-2012

The largest problem with this is that removing the penalty will only make dodging more frequent and may even result in more troll picks as an attempt to get other players to dodge.

Bolexle

04-14-2012

I think that if a player goes afk, the game should end without any elo change on either team. Its basically an instance win for the enemy team. Just 20 minute surrender and there you go.

Fluffyknowsyou

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolexle View Post
I think that if a player goes afk, the game should end without any elo change on either team. Its basically an instance win for the enemy team. Just 20 minute surrender and there you go.
^

This this this

Thisdude1

04-14-2012

Quote:
ok soooo if losing go afk and don't lose elo?

LeetMasterAce

04-14-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post23187504

I support your thread, except that completely removing the penalty would allow people to dodge draft queues all the time if their team comp is slightly weaker than the enemy team's comp. That wouldn't work. However, as stated in the thread I linked to, I think at least one free queue dodge a day for both ranked and normal would be incredible.

Core of Evil

04-14-2012

I strongly agree with a first-time free policy. Chances are you will not see more than one troll picker within 3 or 4 ranked games [about how much I play a day]. I actually was unaware that you lost elo for leaving queue.

For instance, if two people lock junglers with smite and all, and neither of them want to role switch, why should everyone on the team be punished and have to play through that (which usually leads to a lot of swearing and vulgarity in chat)?

SavageWolves

04-15-2012

Quote:
Not a good idea. One team starts losing, so they all go afk and deny the other team the win.

No one would ever gain any elo, or lose any for that matter.

Talk about poorsportsapproved.c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core of Evil View Post
If two people lock junglers with smite and all, and neither of them want to role switch, why should everyone on the team be punished and have to play through that (which usually leads to a lot of swearing and vulgarity in chat)?
This is why the reporting system exists (refusing to cooperate with team, perhaps verbal abuse).

Also on this note, the best system I can think of to solve the problems involved in ELO loss due to trolls, afkers, etc is to have an appeal system in which players can submit request to have their elo for a given game returned, such as having an afk player or 2 players locking in junglers, etc.