No really, nerf LuLu

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxC View Post
dont really have an opinion on whether she should get a nerf or not but i find it funny how people say shes OP only after IPL4. so what took everyone so long to come to the realization of the current predicament, aside from hsgg+vboy claiming shes OP'd? did everyone all of a sudden become lulu experts or something...? lol

edit: ok nvm realized its free week lulu
And the best part is, Lulu was only OP in IPL4 because of that niche dignitas filled with her in the 'protect the hypercarry' setup (and largely because of her ult and shield when stacked on top of all the other heals and shields in that teamcomp). Outside of that kind of comp an AP Lulu doesn't do much past early game except provide a reasonably good poke. Her burst is flat out worse than any other actual AP champ I can think of.

INCIESSE

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxC View Post
dont really have an opinion on whether she should get a nerf or not but i find it funny how people say shes OP only after IPL4. so what took everyone so long to come to the realization of the current predicament, aside from hsgg+vboy claiming shes OP'd? did everyone all of a sudden become lulu experts or something...? lol
i didnt watch the tourney, ive had to play against ap lulu mid, and seen plenty other play against her mid as well, she wins every single time, her harass is simply to good early against other mids and is extremely reliable.

BeastBox

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCIESSE View Post
in the lane phase she will outrange u and outharass u every time
Me? No. Because I play Lulu and I know how to avoid a hella-slow moving skill shot, then close a gap. Once she's in melee, if you're playing anyone with any CC at all she's a goner. Casting Help, Pix! on me means she loses a shield and the polymorph only lasts a second in first rank.

She's OP in lane right now because people don't know how to deal with her tricks. They can nerf her Glitterlance damage if they want, that's not going to affect her support role, but really, she's good as is right now. Not OP, not UP. Just lulzy cupcake fun.

Sketchy

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCIESSE View Post
actually lulu mid is one of the worst experiences ive had the misfortune to encounter...

she hits u with pix, then her skill shot becomes a auto hit and her ap scaling is....kinda good...
Her scaling on Q and E aren't very good.. She has 1.3 AP scaling on her damage. Eve has 1.28.

The only thing she can do is zone you, anyway Lulu falls of harder than Leblanc with a quarter of her damage

crescenD0LLS

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
Me? No. Because I play Lulu and I know how to avoid a hella-slow moving skill shot, then close a gap. Once she's in melee, if you're playing anyone with any CC at all she's a goner. Casting Help, Pix! on me means she loses a shield and the polymorph only lasts a second in first rank.

She's OP in lane right now because people don't know how to deal with her tricks. They can nerf her Glitterlance damage if they want, that's not going to affect her support role, but really, she's good as is right now. Not OP, not UP. Just lulzy cupcake fun.
exactly this. people still don't know how to deal with her, but once they learn she'll be just another easy champion to lane against.

Dragonkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
Janna has better utility still.
Outside of janna's passive, their utility is pretty much on par. Both of them excel better in different situations, and it comes down to what your team needs. If you need the extra peel, you pick janna because of her ult and her tornado. If you want to have one of your tanks become the best tank in the game for 7 seconds and zerg onto their squishies and crush them/pin them down, you pick lulu. If janna had a range limit on her passive (which she should, as that's mostly where her main problem comes from, and you can ask any of the pro players and they'll say the same) then lulu would pretty much be the king of supports hands down.

Myrkr Lokidottir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

As a person playing at like 800 ELO, I can promise you nobody in my ranks are wiping the floor with Lulu.

Shen? Yep. Kennen? Ho'cha. Rumble? Mhmm.

But Lulu?

Lulu???

No.

Her passive scales with her level, not even her AP. Worried about her throwing a shield on someone? Well, if you're playing AD, get Madred's. Fixed. Worried about her CC's? Tenacity + QSS *OR* Tenacity + Banshee's Veil.

These are all problems you can fix in game with items, and they're not even necessarily expensive or build-breaking fixes.

Aeshatr

04-11-2012

Lulu as a support is fantastic. People claiming her problem is her solo laning burst are flat out stupid though. If lulu takes a solo lane as soon as mid game ends she just becomes another support. In fact if you want to play LOLZ DEEPZ lulu you would do signifcantly more damage building her like teemo and playing on hit AS.

LanceSolous

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Stronk View Post
god **** she is so fing OP in the hands of a decent player. I don't care if people don't agree because they only see noob Lulus and think she is weak. She is seriously the most OP champ in the game.
Saying that just makes you look ignorant and annoying. If you don't want to hear other people comment on how she isn't OP, Why did you make this thread?

Classick

Game Designer

04-11-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Lulu is pretty powerful at the moment I agree, we generally think that her Q+passive poke is pretty difficult to deal with in the solo lanes. More than likely we'll be looking at taking action in that area but we want to be sensitive to the fact that she can play as a solo mage or support. That's a cool thing that we don't want to take away!