(Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance+

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramas Jonith

04-09-2012

i think you should add a disclaimer on your section on taunting. Not saying it is rude or inaccurate but remind people that this may backfire and cause an upset that may swing morale to the enemies side.

For example i just played a match today where our mid was doing horrible and letting cass dominate. This Cass had even started wrecking the bottom lane and things were getting out of hand fast. top lane (my lane) was the only one doing decent at all. i remember being negative and saying "can't even surrender yet -_-."

Then a mistake was made.

ordinarily it would not have changed a thing, i would have surrendered when it was possible and moved on to a new game. The mistake was this taunt by the enemy cass after i had been killed for the first time.

"Garen i have the same skin as you. And i'm a hell of a lot better too."

i had been wearing the rugged garen skin if you must know and i initially ignored the comment all together.

Then i got ganked.

Not just any gank, a fail gank. A fail gank so bad that it caused an 11/1 cass to die by my hands, a 1/1/0 garen.

I immediately said "so your better right?" in retaliation to their earlier comment and had an evil idea. I asked my team if they minded me trying to piss cass off cause i thought it might changed the way she was playing.

unanimously it was a yes vote.

I proceeded to bash her about how i just kicked her ass 3v1. cass was at most slightly annoyed by this at first and told me it was because my turret did most of the damage (for the most part that is true)

game keeps on going and things start to turn around. I have my lane locked down for sure and next thing you know i get another kill on her. It wasn't entirely my kill as my team did a lot of the work but i let her have it anyway since i landed the kill. Now cass is very annoyed with me and points out my team did most of the work. I point out i've killed her twice and she has yet to kill me, so therefore i am better than her; all just to get her to focus me.

instead she points out that she is 15/3 while i'm only 5/2 so obviously she must be better.

till kill number 3 arrives. she had only 30 health after escaping a teamfight but i finished her off again and announced that it was kill number 3 and that i was the boss against her.

Now she's pissed and starts flaming me. No doubt it was having an effect on her team too as my entire team began collecting kills. we start dominating until they make a very good push down mid and take out most of my team. By now i'm fed on the other champs and i just picked up some items and charged down to help at mid. i see cass, near full health mind you, chasing one of my allies. I rush straight to her and dominate her before she can even damage 1/6th of my health.

I call her out again and instead of her answering at all her team starts jumping in and telling me to take her on in a 1v1. Instead i tell them that i won't do a **** thing for them till i get my apology from cass.

cass is silent the rest of the match and ends with 20/10. I end it with 17/3, say gg, and ask for her apology again in the lobby. instead she just jumps out and doesn't even say gg.

TLDR: very fed cass tried taunting me. backfired after i got some kills on her and taunted her the rest of the game. add a disclaimer that your taunts may come back to bite you in the ass.

Nhan Fiction

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramas Jonith View Post
i think you should add a disclaimer on your section on taunting. Not saying it is rude or inaccurate but remind people that this may backfire and cause an upset that may swing morale to the enemies side.

For example i just played a match today where our mid was doing horrible and letting cass dominate. This Cass had even started wrecking the bottom lane and things were getting out of hand fast. top lane (my lane) was the only one doing decent at all. i remember being negative and saying "can't even surrender yet -_-."

Then a mistake was made.

ordinarily it would not have changed a thing, i would have surrendered when it was possible and moved on to a new game. The mistake was this taunt by the enemy cass after i had been killed for the first time.

"Garen i have the same skin as you. And i'm a hell of a lot better too."

i had been wearing the rugged garen skin if you must know and i initially ignored the comment all together.

Then i got ganked.

Not just any gank, a fail gank. A fail gank so bad that it caused an 11/1 cass to die by my hands, a 1/1/0 garen.

I immediately said "so your better right?" in retaliation to their earlier comment and had an evil idea. I asked my team if they minded me trying to piss cass off cause i thought it might changed the way she was playing.

unanimously it was a yes vote.

I proceeded to bash her about how i just kicked her ass 3v1. cass was at most slightly annoyed by this at first and told me it was because my turret did most of the damage (for the most part that is true)

game keeps on going and things start to turn around. I have my lane locked down for sure and next thing you know i get another kill on her. It wasn't entirely my kill as my team did a lot of the work but i let her have it anyway since i landed the kill. Now cass is very annoyed with me and points out my team did most of the work. I point out i've killed her twice and she has yet to kill me, so therefore i am better than her; all just to get her to focus me.

instead she points out that she is 15/3 while i'm only 5/2 so obviously she must be better.

till kill number 3 arrives. she had only 30 health after escaping a teamfight but i finished her off again and announced that it was kill number 3 and that i was the boss against her.

Now she's pissed and starts flaming me. No doubt it was having an effect on her team too as my entire team began collecting kills. we start dominating until they make a very good push down mid and take out most of my team. By now i'm fed on the other champs and i just picked up some items and charged down to help at mid. i see cass, near full health mind you, chasing one of my allies. I rush straight to her and dominate her before she can even damage 1/6th of my health.

I call her out again and instead of her answering at all her team starts jumping in and telling me to take her on in a 1v1. Instead i tell them that i won't do a **** thing for them till i get my apology from cass.

cass is silent the rest of the match and ends with 20/10. I end it with 17/3, say gg, and ask for her apology again in the lobby. instead she just jumps out and doesn't even say gg.

TLDR: very fed cass tried taunting me. backfired after i got some kills on her and taunted her the rest of the game. add a disclaimer that your taunts may come back to bite you in the ass.
K, a slight note was added.

Nhan Fiction

04-10-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-11-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-11-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-11-2012

Cats.

Nhan Fiction

04-11-2012

Cats.

Azellos

04-11-2012

The keyboard thing- my cat does that

Kenpachi28

04-11-2012

loved the article. I'm a rager and early gg-er sometimes =/ I will try and take stock of my current state from now on!

Nhan Fiction

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azellos View Post
The keyboard thing- my cat does that
>^..^<