Atma's nerf makes literally no sense.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

guptee

04-09-2012

96 pages and no red

ShiryŁ

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeezy Peak View Post
But in the same boat, the AD carries are really the only ones that have the damage potential to deal with the rest of the team. I look at IPL4 and I see these absurdly tanky Ryze and Vladimir players. Or these bruisers that couldn't be burst down by anything short of a fed Veigar.

Most people are getting way too tanky in the game for anything BUT AD carries to kill.

Granted, I think AD carries and their itemization is overpowered as all hell, but other things need to be looked at too.
Yes, you are on the right spot

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Almost 1000 upvotes, 97 pages. I hope Riot doesn't nerf it.

PUR3ICE

04-09-2012

+7

Shadowknoll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Apparently when they nerf tanky damage enough that people just start putting vlad/kennen/rumble top every game and bruisers are phased out. Then we gotta nerf AP till AD goes top. Then... well maybe bruisers will win that race to the bottom.
/welcome to LoL, and I'm getting sick of it.

wish people would think to look at the root of problems and not just what everyone's scream.

TheBronzeLegend

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
kid wants to build tank items and dominate late game... real logic
Ranged AD carries melt tanky DPS late game, if they position correctly.

Battlelight

04-09-2012

Red please respond to this thread. 1000+ upvotes I think we deserve some type of response.

Shyric

04-09-2012

It makes me wonder why they didn't do something about this sooner. If it's gotten to the point where Atma's is the one big thing bruisers have lategame, why don't they fiddle with other items or individual champs to make them work better? Waiting until an entire class of champs centralizes around one item and then nerfing that one item without doing anything else doesn't really accomplish much.

ObscureClockwork

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyric View Post
It makes me wonder why they didn't do something about this sooner. If it's gotten to the point where Atma's is the one big thing bruisers have lategame, why don't they fiddle with other items or individual champs to make them work better? Waiting until an entire class of champs centralizes around one item and then nerfing that one item without doing anything else doesn't really accomplish much.
riot should like revamp the items. some just arent used (i mean who uses stinger, or leviathan? or other uncommon items) some are just way powerful (I.E, PD, BT are insanely item efficient) and some people just don't have the itemization that allows them to be easily balanced (ad caster, bruisers)

they need ad caster itemization, so they can be more free with balance. they would not need to give all the bruisers huge free stats to compensate anymore, for example

Geeves

Lead Live Designer

04-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I understand that people like Atma's, but it was unfortunately really OP in terms of gold values. At 2000 HP it was giving the gold value of most tier 3 items, and at 3000 hp (ie. Warmog's + Atma's) it was getting silly. It has been scaling out of control and unnecessarily limits item selection because it is the clear best item in terms of what stats it is giving.

We've been messing around with a lot of new items internally recently. We really like the choices that an item like Maw of Malmortius gives right now, where these fighters can adapt to the field and build accordingly. We're looking at releasing more items of that nature going forward based on how the game is playing out.