[Guide] Vladamir - Free is Always Best

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muthatrucka

08-06-2010

OK, firstly a Mejai's is a great item, its not about luck when you lane mid. When i get first blood or an early kill, which I expect to accomplish, it starts me off on path to destruction. You mention uber HP but your only true hp item is your rylais and thats late game. Your whole hex tech theory is still bad because until maybe lvl 11 you can truly start spamming your (q). And it's marginal since your cdr is bad because your back wards runes. seals for cdr over glyphs is a bad idea.

And unless you've got 3 or more AP user's will of the ancients isn't worth it. Like I said if you need that much spell vamp to try to survive you're doing it wrong. You're spending a lot of gold where you can get the better benefits else where. Like I said your Rylais comes way to late, just cost of your items shows it. I typically wont even make my boots 2 till my Rylais is complete. Zhyonas is a great item but by the time I've built it, we've already won.

And as far as lanning Vlad should always be mid, he's too good not to be.

Asellia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

Ehhh? I dunno how you play him, and you're wrong about the Spell Vamp. It works at half the amount on AOEs (Sanguine and E), with the 60% at the end of the hextech upgrades, you're healing 60% of the total damage on Q, and 30% on Sanguine, and the E skill.

The E skill will heal you for usually 400 HP, at level 18, with most of the build, 4x the cost. the Sanguine, if used offensively, will heal you for many times more (Especially when they're under Hemoplague.)

On top of that, the Hemoplague increases Ignite, and Hextech Gunblade's active. I took out an enemy that had 5500 HP in 3 seconds. Early game isn't a problem either, you're saying I need to "rely" on the Hextechs, or Spell Vamp, which I do not, I choose to. Just like you do for Mejeis, and Rylais. Unless you don't either, in which case, I don't need to either, nor would somebody using the build.

The end build gives 600 AP, roughly. That's 1200 extra health, around 3200 total. I can heal it to full, from about halfway, in under 3 seconds with this build. I don't know what you're getting at about all that, and the will of the ancients is used for the Extra Spell Vamp. The whole POINT of the build is the spell vamp, it's not that we NEED to rely on it, it's that we use it because it's fun.

FF1WhiteMage

08-06-2010

The end build gives 400 AP, from what she has given, though I use a different set of masteries and runes for vladimir in general, the 'E' Skill -does- get spellvamp, I noticed the immense difference when farming on Vladimir for the ten or so games I played him, and you seem too over confident that you will score first blood, I'm sure you've lost at mid once with Vladimir.

FF1WhiteMage

08-06-2010

Not to mention the build is also altered due to who you may be playing, I personally never use Zhonyas ring, usually I would prefer to drop something more like

Hextech revolver
Sorc Shoes
Hextech revolver
Start building a rylai's with a giant's belt and grab another tome, grab your third revolver if you need more vamp, grab a rylai's if you need more health in general, from there you can continue stacking revolvers and upgrading your revolvers to gunblades, or as I prefer eitehr to grab a void staff or a abyssal for extra health and resistance, if you're against a fed twitch or super DPS and you can't outheal their damage output yes you will die, and Vladimir is -excellent- support early game in a sidelane, as there are -many- viable mid characters that might do better.

Alot of my builds seem questionable in theory but when I walk out of my normal games with a positive KDA, with AP yi, Non Meija Kennen, and the like. I can feel accomplished, though a few are -bad-, I could say my hextech gunblade build is a bit faulty for my akali, but I could drop a fed twitch in the matter of seconds and hold off a warwick who had golem and baron buffs.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2010

Biggest flaw of this guide is that Transfusion is considered AoE for balance purposes (stated by Riot), so you get 33% redux of Spell Vamp on Vlad, since he has no single target spells.
Hextech things are horrible items, you are better off with Doran's Shield - Spirit Visage (sexy regen for lane [50HP5, bigger than Cho with pendant], 20% more healing is like what, 30% spellvamp? even more I think, cba to calculate, CDR) - Merc's Shoes (your MR is sorted now) - Rylai's - Zhonya's - Abyssal or whatever you need. Not even 100% Spell Vamp will help you, when you have pathetic 30 MR (Vlad gets none per lvl).

FF1WhiteMage

08-06-2010

You can get easily up to 50% spellvamp with this build at it's full potential or walking with a will of the ancients partner you can get 30% just by having a will of the anxients aswell, with 3 hextechs upon that it's 60% and transfusion has it's own spell vamp which helps, not to mention that if E and W do indeed heal you, at low health it would be an excellent way to jump your health up in team fights, we are testing your complaints with this build. Doran's also is horrid due to the fact it gives you only 8 AP and 1 health regen per second, maybe a tiny bit of. extra health that is simply gained due to the fact that you can simply tromp with your spell vamp at fourty percent even.

Muthatrucka

08-06-2010

As far as I know AOE spell do not get full contribution of spell vamp. 600 AP is something you could get with a mejais not with your build. Please dont exagerate your numbers as Eria Point out. 400 is more like it. That build is also 13k which is more than the average game would allow.

Even with enough kills/assist to make my soul stealer a 20 stack my average game ends by 10k gold. I think most players games fall in that range. That 5500 hp dying in 3 seconds is them being horrible not your build being uber no offense. You contradict yourself a lot too, you say you be play this build defensive or aggressive, well thats kinda ambigious isn't it? Lets be real you're idea of the build as well how you describe how you play it is more like a spell vamp damage class, its not defensive or tankish or anything like a Vlad role would fill.

Personally I've pick 4.5k hp and roughly 300-400 ap over 3.2k hp and 400 ap.

600 ap doesnt happen without mejais with your build, leaguecraft it and try.

But really you should try hp per lvl seals and cdr glyphs even with ur build it will help. You get double the cdr and +175 hp @ lvl 18.

Muthatrucka

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destabilizator View Post
Biggest flaw of this guide is that Transfusion is considered AoE for balance purposes (stated by Riot), so you get 33% redux of Spell Vamp on Vlad, since he has no single target spells.
Hextech things are horrible items, you are better off with Doran's Shield - Spirit Visage (sexy regen for lane [50HP5, bigger than Cho with pendant], 20% more healing is like what, 30% spellvamp? even more I think, cba to calculate, CDR) - Merc's Shoes (your MR is sorted now) - Rylai's - Zhonya's - Abyssal or whatever you need. Not even 100% Spell Vamp will help you, when you have pathetic 30 MR (Vlad gets none per lvl).

thank you.... haha

vlad needs defensive stuff, whethers its SV, Guardian Armor, even an Aegis if your team doesnt pick one up. Force of nature, the list goes on. Atleast pick up 1, because the Spell Vamp ish you keep pushing doesnt work how you're thinking.

Asellia

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthatrucka View Post
As far as I know AOE spell do not get full contribution of spell vamp. 600 AP is something you could get with a mejais not with your build. Please dont exagerate your numbers as Eria Point out. 400 is more like it. That build is also 13k which is more than the average game would allow.

Even with enough kills/assist to make my soul stealer a 20 stack my average game ends by 10k gold. I think most players games fall in that range. That 5500 hp dying in 3 seconds is them being horrible not your build being uber no offense. You contradict yourself a lot too, you say you be play this build defensive or aggressive, well thats kinda ambigious isn't it? Lets be real you're idea of the build as well how you describe how you play it is more like a spell vamp damage class, its not defensive or tankish or anything like a Vlad role would fill.

Personally I've pick 4.5k hp and roughly 300-400 ap over 3.2k hp and 400 ap.

600 ap doesnt happen without mejais with your build, leaguecraft it and try.

But really you should try hp per lvl seals and cdr glyphs even with ur build it will help. You get double the cdr and +175 hp @ lvl 18.
Um, im going to try replacing one of the Hextech Gunblades (I kknow, doesnt help with cost, but, I dont have money problems) with a MEjais, get the mejais first even.

Im also going to do the rune suggestions. I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to argue in the sense that I was saying you were wrong, (Im tired, perhaps I WAS, but not anymore), but the build has been working for me, and the spell vamp WAS really nice.. but ill give it a try.,

Destabilizator

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eria Sol View Post
with 3 hextechs upon that it's 60%
is actually only 40,2% after 33% redux cuz of AoE spells. There was already a thread discussing Hextech Revolver vs. Spirit Visage (**** it search!) at start it was that with Hextech you do like 20 more dmg per Transfusion cast a heal a bit more, until it came out Transfusion is AoE, therefore you don't heal that much (dmg still stays), but SV provides far superior stats to Hextech Revolver.