Akali could use a (slight) buff.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyoukitenshi

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreiyu View Post
I do, i can lane vs you as any of the 3 on the easter holiday
well laning vs me isn't really going to prove anything given that I stopped playing ranked after dropping from 1400 to 800 in a week thanks to not knowing the whole queue-dodge-takes-elo thing when I started, and you're gold.

link me a competitive match where she was played effectively against one of those champions and I'll believe you.

kyoukitenshi

04-05-2012

this thread is apparently now "ask coronach." lol

Lorjuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
this thread is apparently now "ask coronach." lol
well while hes here and answering things why not

Atreiyu

04-05-2012

Quote:
See, here's the thing, though: there are so many champions that counter her so hard.

Furthermore, you need to read context before you reply to these posts, because you're not seeing what this guy is posting. You're missing the point of my posts entirely and reading them on face value.
Sorry, I am a bit over-reactive about this; I don't want community eyes on Akali again so i oppose changes.

There's only 3 hardcounters. All other lanes are tie, or Akali win

Atreiyu

04-05-2012

Quote:
well laning vs me isn't really going to prove anything given that I stopped playing ranked after dropping from 1400 to 800 in a week thanks to not knowing the whole queue-dodge-takes-elo thing when I started, and you're gold.

link me a competitive match where she was played effectively against one of those champions and I'll believe you.
There's a Westrice Akali vs Kramer121 Kennen // forgot name GP plat solo-que replays on own3d, you can start there.
Westrice wins both

Thundarianjunk

04-05-2012

Quote:
Annie, Cass, Ryze, Swain, Kennen and Morg are all really strong against her.

Also, the whole "not using a champion to its potential" point is kind of silly. You could say the same for Ezreal, but it doesn't change that they're not as strong as other champions even when played to their absolute full potential.
Akali can lane fine against Annie, Swain, Kennen, and Morg. Morg is actually a great matchup for Akali, as Akali can last hit really well under the tower. I would agree with you that Cass and Ryze aren't great matchups for Akali, but even Cass is very squishy in lane so if you can juke her ults you can survive the lane easily.

Coronach

Game Designer

04-05-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsubouFallen View Post
Well the main issue would be the Q, and the augments, he really lacks of damage when late game hits and you lose 1 item due to the core.

The Q thing its cause its not usefull i mean..grab a example:

Viktor and katarina uses Q:

Viktor hits first, then the dagger, then you get the shield, the skill isnt usefull (the shield bah) due to the low speed the nuke has to travel back.

its E is actually "Hard" to aim mostly on teamfight, and sometimes the "Distance covered" doesnt hit the actual box.

He is way to hard to use-master, to make himself viable against common picks today, like Ryze, Kennen, Karthus, Annie..

also its ultimate its really weak due to the "time spending damage" when for instance a annie combo of Q-E-R can kill you, a combo of Q-E-R of viktor is hard to land and wont do a burst like annie, foremost the ultimate will deal a low sustained damage which can be flashed away or directly walk away due to the speed the cloud has.
Yeah, I think you're hitting a core issue (pun intended). He's not really a burst caster, but if you don't think the shield is effective enough for protection, then it should feel like you can improve your survivability through the Q augment. That survivability is what should enable his R to be able to deal it's full effect. While the E remains vector targeted it will likely have some of that difficulty to use within team fights. As for removing a slot to use the core, it's possible we could investigate other alternatives later in the future. I'd like to see us giving it a shot though where each augment feels powerful, before moving in a more drastic direction.

Nkighte

04-05-2012

If you're going to look at mana costs/regen do you mind taking a gander at Lux? She has some of the highest mana costs and the lowest mana regen of any mage that doesn't have a mana regain mechanic in their kit >.<

Also, thanks for being awesome coronach!

volaju

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreiyu View Post
Sorry, I am a bit over-reactive about this; I don't want community eyes on Akali again so i oppose changes.

There's only 3 hardcounters. All other lanes are tie, or Akali win
Stop using this as a brag thread, no one really cares if -you- think you can win any matchup aside from those pesky 3. Spamhappy can also win 2/3 of his games as poppy regardless of matchups. Why don't you lane Akali vs him on Poppy, because the results are obviously an indication of what is and isn't OP.

Yeah you're afraid if she gets a minor buff, she becomes fotm and you can't pick her, but that's just stupid, and in general a toxic mentality to have towards game balance. You shouldn't care what people want to pick, and you shouldn't assume Riot will break Akali as a direct result of a minor QoL buff.

Atreiyu

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
Yeah, I think you're hitting a core issue (pun intended). He's not really a burst caster, but if you don't think the shield is effective enough for protection, then it should feel like you can improve your survivability through the Q augment. That survivability is what should enable his R to be able to deal it's full effect. While the E remains vector targeted it will likely have some of that difficulty to use within team fights. As for removing a slot to use the core, it's possible we could investigate other alternatives later in the future. I'd like to see us giving it a shot though where each augment feels powerful, before moving in a more drastic direction.
Q is ridic strong against delayed dmg champs (Ahri, Zilean) , let him have strengths and weaknesses in lane matchups