Akali could use a (slight) buff.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llDeathCowll

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Wasnt eve nerfed into oblivion because of her pubstomping ability? Does anyone else recall Akali back when you were in your teen levels?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CryinOnionKnight

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
I believe the live team has some upcoming changes to help her early game out a little bit. I think they're slanted towards helping her out top a little bit more so than middle, but hopefully it will help her carve out a better niche in early SR.
Idk how I feel about an akali buff because of how much of a pubstomper she is :P. Especially considering how weak squishies are right now, I don't feel like buffing a squishey counter is the optimal thing that can be done. That said, if they make Akali an actual hybrid hero instead of a hero who builds all ap and a gunblade, count me curious


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HolyChalice

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Champions that I think need to be looked into are Heimer, Jax, Sejuani, Teemo, Orianna, Karma, J4 and maybe Kayle.

Trundle might be a bit on the weaker side I guess but he's still really good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boomerang69

Senior Member

04-05-2012

WOW noob! I honestly have never lost a lane with her.... So easy to farm and wait till lvl 6 where you can pounce on them "farm again". .. . do it again and ignite... yay a kill.... Ill push the lane... time to gank sides.... yay 4 kills..... G G


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyoukitenshi

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by llDeathCowll View Post
Wasnt eve nerfed into oblivion because of her pubstomping ability? Does anyone else recall Akali back when you were in your teen levels?
Yes, but Akali's pubstomp power is no more than any other assassin character. The problem with Evelynn wasn't that she burst. It's that new players have trouble understanding how to counter stealth champions because stealth is a broken mechanic that doesn't feel good to use or to play against.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coronach

Game Designer

04-05-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kėno View Post
You didn't know that until now?! Trundle's Q animation being too long (and hence not fitting in with AS items) had been pointed out as one of his major weaknesses for a while now D:

Coronarch, you should be trolling around the forums a bit more you
Probably, I've been out of it for the last couple months while working on Co-Op versus AI. And yeah Atreiyu, I can bring up J4's mana issues to live tomorrow. While his costs don't seem out of line, his regen is a bit on the low side.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atreiyu

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
I'm not new to her, I've been playing her since Season 1. She was in a really good place for a long time, but in the current meta she's a rarely-used counter pick, and for good reason. She's really not that good at doing anything.

There are much, much, much better picks for both top and mid that can fill the same role on a team that she does.
I do fine with her - perhaps you're not adapting to the matchups?
eg. using the bush to prevent poke etc.

I disagree with losing lane to tanky tops.
I pick Akali against Malphite (something you mentioned) to counter him. his debuffs do nothing to Akali, and you can actually harass him out of lane.

She doesn't need kills, she can do fine by farming till 20 -somewhat minutes to join teamfights


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyoukitenshi

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang69 View Post
WOW noob! I honestly have never lost a lane with her.... So easy to farm and wait till lvl 6 where you can pounce on them "farm again". .. . do it again and ignite... yay a kill.... Ill push the lane... time to gank sides.... yay 4 kills..... G G
Please, tell me about all of the kills you can score on a Malphite, Garen, Swain, Singed, Lee Sin, Kennen, or anything with the range/CC/tankiness to beat her in lane with zero trouble.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kėno

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
Probably, I've been out of it for the last couple months while working on Co-Op versus AI. And yeah Atreiyu, I can bring up J4's mana issues to live tomorrow. While his costs don't seem out of line, his regen is a bit on the low side.
Yes! Give that dark Morello cherry a taste of Coronarchy!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyoukitenshi

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreiyu View Post
I do fine with her - perhaps you're not adapting to the matchups?
eg. using the bush to prevent poke etc.

I disagree with losing lane to tanky tops.
I pick Akali against Malphite (something you mentioned) to counter him. his debuffs do nothing to Akali, and you can actually harass him out of lane.

She doesn't need kills, she can do fine by farming till 20 -somewhat minutes to join teamfights
Yeah, using the brush is all well and good, and her stealth helps her in farming.

His debuffs aren't the main problem, it's the fact that you effectively can't harass him with Akali's Q since if she wants to harass him for more than his shield, she has to get in melee range. He Q's after you do and you won't touch him. Furthermore, Akali's early game burst against anyone with a decent amount of MR isn't good enough to push Malphite out of lane. I fail to see how you would win that matchup.

Even if it's not Malphite, against something like Garen or Swain with naturally good sustain and the ability to push you out of lane, they're going to be joining team fights a lot faster and becoming effective a lot earlier than you are.

I still fail to see how you would beat pretty much any tanky champion, given that MR in early game shuts you down so hard.